3- Human Behaviour 101.

The next morning, I met Trent in the kitchen trying and failing to feed himself a spoon of cereal

The next morning, I met Trent in the kitchen trying and failing to feed himself a spoon of cereal. I'd heard him mention a headache during one of his calls earlier in the morning while crouched over a chamber in the toilet next to my room, retching his guts out.

"Hungover on the first day of school," I muttered, intentionally banging the cupboards to further irritate him. "And I'm meant to be learning from you." I smiled at how ridiculous that phrase sounded as I said it. From being one of the best agents the facility had ever trained, the perfect combination of beauty, brains and bad ass to being stuck here with this idiot who couldn't even tell he still had vomit on his tie. How far I'd fallen.

"Maybe if you came with, you'd have picked up a few things," he rasped, laying his head on the table.

My mug landed on the counter with a hard knock that sent him jerking up with a loud groan. "Or maybe, let's just stick to getting this mission over and done with so I can be out of your terribly styled hair."

"Jeez, are all the old models this cranky?"

"Especially in the mornings," I told him. "Finish up, we move out in five."

A reflection of myself in the mirror showed B92 in a white blouse with a green tie and a grey pleated skirt that stopped right above my knees. I had on long white knee socks and low-cut black boots and to top it off a green blazer with the C.B.A logo on the left pocket. Trent had on a pretty similar outfit except without the skirt, which I thought would've looked much cuter on him.

"Is that a holster?" He asked as he swallowed, eyeing my waist. I was used to having my gun strapped there for so long that it became a force of habit to put it on when I went on missions. "You seriously need to learn the definition of undercover, ancient, " he murmured shaking his head and standing up to straighten his tie.

I gritted my teeth at the cringing name he'd given me. My hand itching to grab my gun and blow his brains out.

"Lesson number one, you cannot take guns to school." I rolled my eyes until they almost fell out. If anything, he was more capable of doing it than I was.

"I know, I was just hoping I could take you out in the car before we got there," I deadpanned, pulling out my M1911 and putting it on the counter. A part of me felt bad that I couldn't take my best friend to my first day at school.

"Lesson number two, no violence what so ever," he said in a serious tone. Yes, because I would enter the classrooms and beat the information out of five hundred students.

"What if it happens by mistake? I'm human, I make mistakes." I asked instead, just to toy with him a bit. I knew he'd take the bait, he was keen to be the know it all.

He groaned and face palmed his face. "That is not what Valak meant when she said be more human..."

"But mistakes are a part of being human," I justified.