F O R T Y - T H R E E

"Your grace, there will be a meeting amongst all the Lords in the North later today

"Your grace, there will be a meeting amongst all the Lords in the North later today. The Lord Snow has requested you sit with them." Dominic explained to the Queen as they stood on one of the many balconies overlooking Winterfell.

Her hands clenched around the wooden bannisters, eyes on the entrance as her mind wandered in pure worry. "Lord— have you heard anything?"

He smiled calmly and nodded his head, "they'll arrive soon, your grace, your cousin will see to it. Your babes will be back in your arms before the night."

She nodded, her stomach settling knowing that her children were with Amina and Elaine, women who loved her children nearly as much as she did. Her stomach had been in knots since the war had ended and the Starks has taken Winterfell once more. This had been the longest time her children and her had been separated. She'd barely slept in the night, knowing that they were somewhere out of her sight.

Even the incoming footsteps did little to gain her attention as Monterroso cleared his throat to seemingly tell her someone was approaching. "Lord Snow, your grace, I'll leave you."

She gave him a half smile, knowing when he said leave he didn't actually mean it. Since the red wedding and the birth of her twins it was an odd day when Monterroso was not nearby, and if it was not him then her Queensguard was close.

"You look worried, I've never seen you brood that much." Jon spoke to her, noticing how her mouth was set in a permanent  frown and even though the pink to her cheeks indicated she was beyond freezing nothing seemed to move her from her stance. Jon took the time to get a long hard look at her face, remembering the girl that he'd grown up with. One of the last times he'd seen her she was very well drunk, soft giggles had left her lips repeatedly as she's held to him for dear life. That had been a girl however, one naive and free the women he met yesterday as she'd gotten off her horse and helped him to get medical assistance was different. He saw it in the darker hue to her iris's and the thin lines that were setting around her eyes as well as the crown on her head. She was still beautiful, but a different kind, like maturity had given her a certain lust.

Victoria finally looked at him, a small sheepish smile appeared as she turned away and took his arm. Jon offered her the crook to his arm and the two walked, the Lady speaking. "I left some people behind in case this went to shit, luckily, it didn't and now I can't stop thinking about them until they arrive."

"You're the Queen of Dorne, the ruler of your country and you're telling me there was someone of more value left behind then you." Jon seemed to crack a smile at that notion, wondering just who it was that the royal was worried for.

"Yes! Have you not been listening to me speak, Jon?" She playfully quipped back. They came to the main level of the fortress, watching as Lords looked their way as they began to arrive and Sansa appeared with Lady Brienne at her side. She could feel the eyes on her golden crown, how they seemed to trail from her to its position over her head and then to Jon. She knew that her ascension to the crown had been a shock to most northerns which was why the next surprise would be needed to carefully be calculated.