F O U R

"Elaine is it?" Victoria looked up, finding that the young maid who brushed her hair had been relatively quiet since they'd begun to change for the nights events

"Elaine is it?" Victoria looked up, finding that the young maid who brushed her hair had been relatively quiet since they'd begun to change for the nights events. She was respectful and courteous, only speaking when spoken too and on time whenever Victoria asked her to be.

The blonde haired female blinked a few moments as if startled by the notion that her Lady knew her name before nodding her head, "yes m'lady."

"What a beautiful name," the Dornish girl smiled at her young maid. She relaxed, sensing the edge on the girls nerves and hoping to comfort her, "tell me about yourself?"

"Oh my story is quite boring m'lady, I wouldn't want to bother you with it." She muttered back softly.

"No, ones story is boring." Victoria softly stated, "come, I'll ask something easy. I know your name is Elaine; what is the rest?"

"Elaine Snow." The blonde swallowed the lump in her throat and spoke so softly that her lady nearly didn't hear her but Victoria had fine ears and she caught it.

She lifted her hand to stop the blonde from brushing and turned in her seat, meeting her eyes. "Snow? As in..."

"Lord Richard Karstark is my father, he and my mother met when she worked in the—" Elaine caught off at the end, her cerulean eyes begging her lady not to continue.

Victoria lifted her hand and intertwined them with the porcelain skinned women, finding that she was shaking. "It's alright, you don't have to continue. I understand."

Elaine nodded appreciatively, "thank you m'lady."

"Victoria." The Valiente corrected her softly.

Elaine seemed confused until her lady smiled and stood, she went towards the bed, she sat and tapped the place beside her. "Come Elaine, I want us to be friends and as friends we must call each other by our first names. I'm Victoria or Vic in here."

Elaine tentatively took a seat, slowly her shoulders relaxed and the glisten in her eyes disappeared, "you're to kind m'— Victoria."

"Not so hard now is it, Elaine," Vic laughed softly and found that after a moment the blonde followed.

"You can call me Elle, everyone else does." The blonde responded, a small smile displaying.

"Elle, I quite like it." Victoria nodded. "So tell me, who is this everyone? Your mum, brother? Sister?"

"No," Elaine shook her head and cleared her throat, "my mum died a year ago, me brother died of a fever when he was but a babe. Anyone that I know now in Wintertown calls me Elle."