T W E N T Y-S E V E N

It was 3 days and 3 nights before any Northener saw the former queen, and yet—despite the lack of news from the far end of the Stark camp, there was commotion day and night

It was 3 days and 3 nights before any Northener saw the former queen, and yet—despite the lack of news from the far end of the Stark camp, there was commotion day and night. The Dornish men had originally been welcoming, happy to show Northener's support as the King took care of his would be queen, but now things had gone as cold as the marriage that was once to be.

They'd pulled further away, at the center the home of the Dornish ruler, the Valiant Lady, one man had taunted the night after the wedding, for staying with a man who had shamed her more times then not was surely a feat. Said man had disappeared that very night, many assumed at the hands of her loyal knight. The soldiers had then kept stoic faces, silent among the outsiders and keeping to themselves, often it seemed like they were hiding something, and perhaps they were.

The entrance to the Dornish camp was well protected, often guards were posted by the passage that led to the Lady's tent, and nearly none left except her close confidants.

Lady Elaine was seen constantly, guarded by the Lord Commander her face matched the rage they all assumed would be on the former queen. The Lord Commander was the only one who spoke and only to high ranking men, never to the King, as he avoided all contact.

"Lady Valiente requests three good spinsters!"

"Lady Valiente has asked that all her men be moved to the Northern most part of the camp!"

"Lady Valiente requires that her privacy be respected and no guest nor visitors be expected!"

"Lady Valiente has ordered all food brought from the Valiant halls be kept under our eye and distributed as needed."

The commands came often, at first soft and then brutal, she'd snatched most of what was hers back and if there was protests they fell on deaf ears. King Robb gave in, and it took one look at his scarred face for most to understand. His skin was healing nicely due to his wife's gentle and ensuring care but it was no denying, the thin long scars that slashed down his cheek and interrupted his growing beard were a sign to his men that nobody was to cross Lady Valiente.

Lord Commander Monterroso was also governing over his Lady's army, listening intently at every strategy meeting and keeping his gaze steady but blank. Some would see his jaw clench, some noticed how he did not stand for the King's entrance but most again allowed it.

It was on that 4th morning, when the warmth of the south was peaking did the Northeners finally see the cause of all strife in their camp. The warmth of the south had made it so the Air was sticky, moisture rich, no northener could grow used to the feeling but the Dorne's knew it well, and above all the Lady. Where there was warmth this far North the sun would come out to show her presence.

Robb Stark had called a war meeting, and the maester had also advised that a raven from the Lannister's had arrived, prompting all to be curious as to the words.