Chapter No 17 I do not believe In Love

She was shaking with fear when he lifted her up and brought her out of the building.

"You are not going to live here after this," he said, worried and adjusting her passenger seat.

She was still shaking.

He got in the car and started driving, he was looking at her with worried expressions as if he was checking if she was all right.

After 30 minutes of driving, they reached his mansion. She slowly got out of the car and walked towards the Garden.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I want to live alone for a while" she said shortly and walked ahead. He was staring at her back when she had gone lost inside the darkness. He took a deep breath, put out his phone, and dialed a number.

******

"I love Matilda, you are love of my life" his voice was surrounding inside her mind. She put her hands over her ear. He confessed in a moment where he thought he lost her.

"No, it can't be, no I hate love, no I can't believe in love," she repeated to herself.

She was sitting on the swing, she was feeling a bit tired while fighting with herself.

******

There was ambient silence in the room. She was sleeping while he was sitting on the bed working on some project. After a while he shut down the laptop and grabbed the business book from the side table. He had a habit of reading before going to bed.

"No,no,." she murmured. She got alert.

"Matilda? Are you okay?" he asked while bending on her face. She was breathing restlessly.

"No....You can't do it," she muttered.

"I have ruined my life by marrying you," she heard male's voice.

"Why don't you die and take your dirt in the name of children with you?" the woman screamed.

"Noooooooo" three women screamed. A very memory she wanted to erase. Her worst nightmare. Memories were the reason for her anxiety.

She saw a five year old in chaos. Two men were fighting, beating each other, all she could hear were screams, and then she saw a five-year-old girl running on the streets.

"How dare you?" a man beats her badly.

"No I will not come, I promise I will not come down please don't beat me," she was screaming in her dreams. Easton holds her shoulders and shakes her.

"Matilda, wake up" he said, worried.

She was crying as if she was in pain. She opened her eyes and looked at him in disbelief. She got up in a rush and looked around her surroundings,

"Mr. Easton? What am I doing here?" she asked worriedly.

"You fell asleep in the garden" he said shortly.

Her heart was still beating fast. The nightmares were back, the nightmares she wanted to leave behind. We all have a past but it follows us if it's abusive. She took a deep breath.

He holds her shoulders and looks inside her eyes.

"Matilda, I am here, tell me what is it?" he asked, there was something in his voice and eyes that made her freeze at the spot, she slowly set his hands off her.

"Mr. Easton," she said as if she was trying to find words.

She got out of bed.

"I, I can't fall in love with anyone" she said without looking at him.