Chapter No 25 Hilarious

The whole town was despondent. The streets were blocked due to snowfall. She heard that Canada's frosty weather is cold and depressive but now when she was actually there she felt she was all covered in depression.

People were skating over frozen puddles. She felt her heart was all dead. Her expressions were frowning. He was talking to some blond, who was asking about grocery shops. The blondie might have caught a cold because she was sneezing.

"What happened?" he asked..

He gave her the vanilla ice cream cup and as for him he brought chocolate.

"How do you know I like Vanilla?" she asked.
"Lucky guess," he said shortly.
"Wait, how could you pick such a great guess?" she asked. He smiles.

"Common sense kittens, 70 percent girls like Vanilla" he said in a scatterbrained and disorganized voice. She looked at him instantly.

"How about the other 30?" she asked.

"Well they like me" he shrugged. She rolled her eyes and he chuckled.

"Now are you feeling better?" he asked.

"You did this to cheer me up?" she asked.

"Of course I did this for you, to cheer you up" he said smiling.

"Now come on, let's go for skating" he said while grabbing her hand softly but she resists.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I don't know how to skate" she said awkwardly. He chuckled.

"Well I know" he said and took her towards the nearby rock.

"Sit here" he said and bends in front of her. He fixes skating shoes in her soft feet.
"Here we go" he said. He was already wearing his.

"You are treating me as if I am 5 year old," she said.

"For me you are, Kitten. Now slowly get up" he said while holding her hand.

"Wait Manfred, I will fall, hey" she screams. But he had a strong grip over her. waist.

"There you go, such a fast learner" he said while slowly skating with her.
"I am afraid" she said while closing her eyes.
"I will hold you" he said.

After a while she learned to balance herself.

"Well that's a good girl" he said.
She was skating happily, when someone called her.

"Miss Huston" she stopped. It was the Doctor, she went to the other day. Her heart skipped a beat.

"Skating is not good for you" he said, smiling.
Her face turned pale.
"Well, I already told you to be careful," he said.

"Doctor Henry...I was..." she was about to say something when he cut her off in the middle.
"Here you are a young man, you did not show up on her test report day" he said to Manfred who was looking at him as if he was trying to recognize him.
"Her what?" he asked.
"Really? Young generations nowadays, your wife is pregnant and she has not told you yet" he said while rolling his eyes.

Manfred was looking at her as if he was looking at Ghost.

"You need to take better care of her young man" he said while putting his hand over his shoulder.

"And you Miss Huston, you have an appointment next week" he said to Matilda.
"Merry Christmas to both of you" he said and left.

Manfred was still in shock. He was still looking at her jaw drop. She was hesitant to look at him.