17 - Hot And Feisty

"Where's Aris?" I asked no one in particular.

Newt limped over to me. Yeah, limped. It didn't look like it was formed recently. I would have to ask him about that. Right now didn't seem like the most appropriate time considering we had only a few hours until our deadline struck.

"Don't know," he answered. "That shank just disappeared without saying anything. We tried to look for him, but we had to keep moving."

"Because you thought we were going to kill Thomas?" I questioned.

Newt nodded, his blond hair flying in the wind. "But I had a feeling you wouldn't. The Annie I knew wouldn't at least."

I cocked my head to the side. "Annie? Really?"

He snorted and put his hand on my shoulder. "Sorry. That's what I used to call you back in the Maze."

"About that whole maze thing," I said clearing by my throat. "Did I really kill some kid there?"

Newt's eyes fell as his hand left my shoulder. "Yeah. But it wasn't you, they controlled you somehow."

"Dammit!" I cursed under my breath. This is just what I needed. Another fact that confirms that I worked with WICKED.

"What?" Newt asked.

"Nothing. It's nothing."

"Don't beat yourself up over it. We forgave you, I forgave you. After all of the people we've lost, we can't give up the friends we have now."

"Okay, mother. Thanks for the advice," I said sarcastically.

Before Newt could create a witty response, a boy, Frypan I think, yelled something. "Look! Back at the mountain!"

I swiveled around to see three figures running toward us. Upon looking more closely, I saw that the figures were people. Thomas, Teresa, and Aris to be exact. They weren't hurt, and they weren't fighting one another, so, I didn't worry. If one of them had a missing leg or were bleeding to death, then I might have gone to them. But since they were fine, there was no reason to not let them come to us. Hopefully those three liked running because they were going to be doing a lot of that if they wanted to catch up. Right now, Thomas especially, didn't have a problem with it.

"There you go, Tommy. I knew you'd make it," Newt cheered. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a lopsided grin on the blonds face. I couldn't deny that it looked adorable on him, but I wasn't going to go down that road with that boy. At least not today.

Soon, we started moving again. We weren't in a huge hurry considering the amount of time we had, and there was the fact that there was literally nothing for miles. I almost got tired of seeing dust, sand, and rocks. If I didn't have a group of boys around to keep me distracted, then I would have. I was very thankful for the eye candy. When we eventually meet up with the girls, the boys will be attracted them like bees to a flower. I can already hear the cringe worthy pickup lines. If I can survive that, then I'll be immune to anything.

"So," I began, turning to Minho on my right. "How'd you get those burns anyway?"

"The storm," he answered, rubbing his neck. "The lightening caught my clothes on fire, the rest is pretty self explanatory."

"Fire. God I see enough of that in my dreams."

"Leo did set you on shucking fire. He tied you to a tree, then he let you go. I never got that, I guess it was part of his jacked plan."

I scoffed. "I've been hearing all these things about this Leo guy and what he did to me. The thing is, I don't remember it. So it doesn't matter to me. I do want to know what happened, but it won't change the fact that I'm alive and he's not."

"It still matters to me," Minho said angrily. "That slinthead ruined my life."

I rolled my eyes at the boy. He really needed to stop this grumbling. "I'm here. I'm alive. Your life has officially begun again. Use your new life to focus on the real problem, WICKED."

"It's not that easy, princess. I can't focus when you don't remember me. Remember us."

I crossed my arms as I became extremely frustrated. "If your so determined to make me remember, which is obviously not working, why don't you try to create new memories with me. Make me fall in love with you again. 'Cause I'm sorry to tell you, I don't believe in love at first sight, Romeo."

"You're shucking stubborn," Minho said, shaking his head.

"Not as much as you! You're practically a mule."

"A hot mule."

I scoffed, "In your dreams, bucko."

The boy poked my my side, making me jump. "You've gotten feisty. I like that."

"Call me that again and I promise I will castrate you right on the spot," I threatened, giving him the death glare.

Minho smirked, then poked me again. "Feisty."

That was the last straw. I whipped around, swung up my knee, and connected with his nuts. It took him a split second to realize what had happened, but when he did, he was in a world of hurt. He fell to his knees while gripping the family jewels. A moan escaped his lips as his face became contorted.

"Why'd you do that for?!" he forced out.

"Because I always keep my promises, sweetie. So, if you keep this up, I promise you I will never like you again."

After a few minutes Minho got back up with a look of defeat about him. "I'm sorry. I was being a shuck-face, I should've stopped."

"I thought you didn't apologize?" I said as we began to walk forward again.

"If it means I could win you back, then I would say sorry every second of my life."

"If you're willing to do that, then we must have had something special," I said with a hint of sarcasm. "It takes real effort to say one word. Don't tire yourself out too much, I might start worrying about you."

Minho chuckled softly. "Don't worry about me. With these muscles-" He flexed his biceps. "Nothing can get me."

I smirked as I watched his muscle bulge and veins pop up. If I wasn't trying stay away from him, I might of fell into his arms right then. What can I say? I have a weakness for ripped men with perfect hair. No wonder I loved him in the Maze.

"Don't stare too long," Minho said, gaining my attention.

Blood rushed to my face at being caught admiring his body. "Shut up," I grumbled, trying to get away from him. Because I was to preoccupied with not letting him see me blush, I ended up tripping over a stupid rock. But Minho caught my hand just in time.

"Watch out, there's a rock there," he laughed.

My hand was still in his and he seemed to have intention of letting go. It was like he forgot we weren't together. I ripped my hand away, not even trying to make it subtle.

"At least by me dinner first," I gasped. "You can't just touch a ladies hand. It's so scandalous!"

Minho rolled his eyes. "You're going to get more then just dinner, Anne.

"Oh really? What else are you going to get me?"

"I'm going to get you to feel something you've never felt before. Something awesome."

I smiled. This boy was going to be the death of me. I could feel it.

"And what is that?" I questioned while raising an eyebrow.

"Love."

💠🔸💠🔸💠🔸💠🔸💠🔸💠🔸💠🔸💠

I don't know if this is good or not. I kind of got lazy at the end. But here it is anyway.

~Remember to vote and comment!~

{I love your comments by the way. Just so you know. *Wink wink*}