24 - The Flare

When I woke up, I found myself in completely new surroundings. I wasn't in the bathroom like I remembered. No, I was in a white, padded room strapped to a bed. The leather restrictions dug into my skin as I tried to break free, but my attempts all failed miserably. So I looked around more, maybe I could find something that would work to my advantage. However, all I could see was a metal door that had a small window with bars across the opening. The bed and I were literally the only things in this room.

"God dammit!" I cursed as I tried to free myself once again. But of coarse, I was trapped. Nothing I could do would get myself out of this situation. "God fucking dammit."

Anne? Anne, where are you?

This time I wasn't surprised when Teresa spoke to me in my head. Nothing at this point could surprise me, I've seen it all. Or so I thought.

I'm strapped to a bed in a room they use to keep crazy people in. Teresa, how did I get here? I asked.

I don't know, she replied. Minho told us you were in the shower, but you never came out. When we went to look for you, you were gone. No one would tell us where you went. All they would say was that you were a danger to yourself and others.

That would explain why I'm tied down. But I'm not really in the mood to to go stabbing everyone I see. So why am I really here?

Depends on where here is. We don't even know if you're in the same building as us. When we landed they moved us to a different dormitory and all we've been doing is sitting around. Anne, you've been missing for almost three weeks.

Three weeks? I couldn't have been asleep for that long. If I can't remember how I got here, then I must not remember what else happened to me either.

Has anyone else been taken? I asked Teresa.

Yeah, Thomas. I talked to him too.

Well what did he say?!

Not much, he wanted me to go away. But you could try to talk to him if you want.

So you two are connected? Can you talk to Aris too?

Yep. You probably can too.

Might as well try, I said. I'm not going anywhere at the moment.

Teresa went silent so I could concentrate on trying to contact Thomas. This whole thing seemed insane to me, but what other choice did I have? I was either going to be locked up in this room for who knows how long, or I was going to try to use my magical mind powers to find out what's going on.

Thomas? I called. Thomas are you there? I really need you to answer me so I don't feel like a total loony.

I laid there for awhile (not that I had much choice) and waited for a response. Nothing came, which made me feel more stupid then I already did.

Who is this?

Oh thank god.

It's Anne, I told him. You're probably surprised that I can do this, believe me, I am too. But right now I need you to suck it up and talk to me. I need to know what's going on.

He didn't say anything for a minute. He was most likely pondering if he should answer me or not. But eventually he did.

Okay, what do you want to know?

Well first off, I'll give you some background on my situation. It's not very complicated because I just woke up, but I'm in an unfamiliar room strapped to a bed. I don't know how or why I'm here. Teresa told me they took you away too, I just want to know what's going on with you.