Chapter 13

-Odette's Pov-

-Odette's Pov-

"You've been here?" Alice asked us

"You've been here?" Alice asked us. "No. I don't know," Bella replied. "What she means to say is that we know that place," I explained. "Christine used to take us there when we were kids. " "She wanted us to be graceful" Bella added. "Didn't help much, did it?" "Not for you, helped me a lot," I agreed.

"Was your school here in Phoenix?" Sora asked. "Yeah, around the corner from my house," Bella replied. "But I haven't been there in ten years." "Do you have any reason to go now?" Sora asked. "No. Hell, no. I hated the place," Bella replied. Alice and Sora shared a look, trying to figure this out.

Suddenly, Bella and I jumped as our cell phones rang. I picked it up and saw the caller's I.D. and exhaled in relief. I picked it up. "Jasper. Are you alright?" I asked, heading to the bathroom. "I'm coming to get you," he spoke up. "We lost the tracker. The woman is still in the area. Rosalie and Esme are protecting Charlie and your mom."

"This is my fault. We warned each other, but I didn't think. I just...," I sighed as I bit my finger. "I should've listened to you." "Odette, we're in too deep. We can't change how we feel...," Jasper told me. "I know," I agreed. "When will you get here?"

"In a couple of hours. Then you and I will go somewhere," Jasper told me. "Together. Edward will take Bella away to another location. Christine and Jay will join us. The others will keep hunting. Odette, I swear to you, I'll do whatever it takes to make you safe again."

"I know," I said. "Come back to me safe." "I will," Jasper agreed as we hung up.

-Third Pov-

Alice and Odette went to the lobby to settle the bill. Sora loaded up the car out front. Bella was in the room, gathering hers, and Odette's things, then her phone rang again. Home. "Mom, I'm so glad you got my -," Bella said. "Bella? Bella? Where are you?" Renee asked, panicked.

"Calm down, Mom. Everything is fine, okay? I'll explain every -," Bella told her as she heard rustling on the line as if Renee dropped the phone. "....Mom? Are you there?" Bella asked as she heard a voice that sends a chill down my spine.