Chapter 25

-Renee's Bungalow, Florida-Odette's POV-

Bella's face was turned upward to soak in the warm sun

Bella's face was turned upward to soak in the warm sun. She did want to see her mom again, to make sure she was happy with Phil. Christine and I were with Renee and Bella. "Aren't you gonna miss this? Don't you just feel the Vitamin D soaking up in your pores?" Renee asked.

We are lying in the lounge chairs pushed tightly together on the deck. Jasper ad Edward is inside the bungalow, in an attempt to get away from the sunlight. Jay was at the beach, surfing. "Yeah, we're gonna miss this," Bella replied.

"You know, colleges in Florida are a to sunnier. I'm just saying. If you go to the University of Alaska. I'm never gonna see you two," Renee asked. "Plus Christine already graduated" This made us guilty since in a few months, we won't be able to come into the sunlight without sparkling like a disco ball in a 70s dance.

Bella took her moms' hands, Bella playing with her mom's bracelet as I interlaced my fingers with my sister.  "I'll miss you, Mom," Bella spoke up, as Renee turned to her and hugged her. "Besides, they have a great science program," Bella added.

"You mean Edward and Jasper program," Renee joked as she nudged us both and looked inside. Edward and Jasper are inside, sitting in two easy chairs with a clear view of both of us. They offered us a small wave, then turned back to their conversation with Phil, who lay on his back on the couch.

Christine and Renee squeezed our hands and glanced back at our boyfriends. "The way they watch the two of you. It's like they're willing to leap in front of you two and take a bullet or something," Renee confided to us. "Is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"It's an intense thing. You two are different from them. If they move, you move. Like magnets," Christine explained. "I don't know, we're just in love," Bella spoke up. "Like you and Jay" I giggled as Christine pushed me lightly.

"I get it. I just want to make sure, you're making the right choices for you. You know cause you're the ones who are going to have to live with them," Renee asked. We looked at each other as we took this. Once we turn into vampires, we can never go back to our human lives.