Chapter 21

-Odette's Pov-

-Odette's Pov-

Jay laid me down as he pushed on my chest

Jay laid me down as he pushed on my chest. "Breathe, Odette! C'mon!" He exclaimed as I spat water, coming to. "Bella? Can you hear me?" I asked. "....Odette?" Bella asked as she focused and finally saw Christine over me and Jay hovering over her, relieved. Behind him stood Sam.

"They'll be alright," He said, looking out at the water, scanning it, sensing something. "What the hell were you thinking?" Jacob asked us. "We just had to see something," I replied. "What? The Pearly Gates?" Christine scolded me. "If you went there, I won't be able to go with you."

"If we hadn't heard you scream," Jacob asked. "Get them home," Sam ordered. "I'm heading to the hospital. I'll meet you there." Jacob nodded as he jogged off. "Why would you jump? Didn't you notice it's like a hurricane out here?" He asked us. "I know. It was stupid," Bella answered.

"Sam said hospital. Is someone hurt?" I interrupted her. "Harry Clearwater had a heart attack," Christine answered. "Oh my God, does our dad know?" Bella asked. "What about Seth and Leah?" "He and my dad are both over there," Jake told us.

"Will Harry be okay?" I asked. "I don't know. Come on. I'll find you something dry and drive you home," Jake told us as he helps Bella and me up. Jay flew me and Christine to their apartment as Jacob drove  Bella home. When we got home, Christine rubbed my arms.

"You must be one of the most accident-prone people I have ever met," he told me. "I know," I looked down. "I just.....I just miss him so much." "You don't know what it's like for him to be apart from you," Jay said. "I don't even see why you still love him. After all, he did!" Christine told me. 

"But....," I remembered what he said to me. "He had to protect you," He sighed as he walks me to the door. I saw a car in the driveway. It wasn't just theirs, but it was... "Carlisle!" I whispered as I hurried inside. When I turned on the light, I looked around and walked.

I bumped into a vampire as I screamed. "Alice?!" I exclaimed as I saw her "Odette! You're okay!" She smiled as she pulled me into a hug. "Of course, I'm okay," I laughed. "Why? Did you think I was dead?" Alice nodded gravely as she sat me down." I saw you and Bella jumping off the cliff," she told me.