Chapter 17

-Odette's Pov-

-Odette's Pov-

Jay dropped me off at Seth and Leah's house

Jay dropped me off at Seth and Leah's house. He and Christine want me to make more friends. They told them all about me. I knocked on Seth and Leah's door as I waved to Bella as she was heading to Jacob's. I played with my necklace as I waited. Sue opened the door and she smiled at me. "Odette, you're here!" She said as I smiled back.

"Now the party Is getting started!" Sue stated as Sue invited me in. "Odette!" Leah squealed as she ran down the stairs. She tackled me as I laughed. "Nice to meet and see you too, Leah!" I smiled as she helped me up. "You two have fun," Sue told us. "I'm going to run some errands."

"Kay, bye Mom," Leah said as she left. "Come on!" She pulled her to her room as I pulled out my DVDs. We decided to watch Frozen. Why? Cause we're awesome like that. As the movie played, I sang along with the characters.

-Third POV-

Two hikers tromped through the shadowy, mist-laden woods.  Tim studies his iPhone GPS. "We're going the wrong way," he said. "Who cares? Enjoy the scenery," Nate told him.  "And the West Nile virus," Tim slapped a mosquito as he heard a rustle. "You hear that?"

"If I knew you were such a wuss, I'd have brought my grandma," Nate joked.  "Could be one of those giant bears," Tim asked. "There is no giant-," Nate replied as he heard a rustle and stopped. Then, from the opposite direction, a rustler appears around them.

It's either more than one creature or it's moving with extraordinary speed. The guys are terrified. "What the hell is that?!" Tim asked. "I don't know!" Nate said. The guys faced away from one another, and search the trees.  "Think it's gone?" Tim asked as he heard nothing.

He turns to find that Nate has vanished. "Nate? Nate!?" He called out. Nothing... then the rustling starts again. And intensified. Tim bolts as he tears through the woods, too scared to feel the branches smack him in the face. Breath ragged, he looks over his shoulder as something gives chase, flattening foliage and bending thin trees in its path.

Tim runs harder and saw a highway. A couple of cars pass. Civilization. Safety. Tim races for it as he bursts from the tree line and he's almost to the pavement. Something yanked him at an unnatural angle.  His scream is abruptly choked off, leaving nothing but a disturbing silence...