28 | 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐝𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭

-Blaze-

We arrived at the enormous vineyard in the Piedmont region. The Brocotta's were known for having the fastest and most abundant field in all of Italy. They surely were big and especially green, I couldn't deny the beauty of the green pasture.

"Shit." she let out looking around, remembering me of what we were doing here

"Remember, from now on we are a couple" I reminded her "and your main priority is to make the Brocotta's interested-"

"In Maxwell Incorporation" she completed while rolling her eyes "I know. Can you stop being a work machine for 5 seconds?"

"I believe not" I answered making her groan in annoyance

Our little conversation was stopped by a server in a white suit with a black bow "Buongiorno, posso vedere l'invito?"

"Buongiorno" I greeted

"Give him the invitation" I whispered to Eleonora, she took it out of her bag handing the white invitation to the man

"Ottimo! Spero che tu ti diverta, mio signores!" the man smiled pointing to the front were a big stone house was.

"Grazie" Eleonora thanked, we followed tthorugh the stone path around the house welcoming by server through our way reaching what it seemed a terrace with grass, on our left a bar with two servers, at our right a pianist and in front of us a stone fountain and about 10 tables. The view was perfect we could see all of the vineyard they owned.

"You know Italian?" She questioned caughting my attention

"Wouldn't be weird if I didn't ?" I responded looking at the water fountain

"You're right. With your work obsession I bet you know every language" she stated

"Not every language, I know a few" I said

"We should start to meddle, is there anyone you know?" she asked

"Mostly everyone" I answered "Connor made sure to tell me who would appear"

"Not surprising" She hummed. It was very crowded already, a lot of people around eating and drinking. There was 2 main tables with a buffet. "Let's eat" She said dragging me to the food, her hand pulling my arm tight.

There was plenty of diverse food, about 10 types of cheeses to try with the wine, bottles with no name on them, they were probably prototypes, toasts, breads and different types of chorizos. Some pate, two fruit charcuterie boards, fried shrimp, an antipasto platter, a weird loaf...this table was probably the appetizers, on the other table there was already meat and fish, rice, mash potatoes, pasta and pizza?

I looked at Eleonora already with food in her hand, she tasted the loaf and made humming sounds

"What is it?" I asked curiously

"Tastes like pizza, a pizza loaf maybe? It's good" she said taking another

"I'm going to grab a drink" I warned

"Bring me an orange juice" she demanded. What was I? Her delivery man? Her waitress?

"Anything else?" I said sarcastically

"No, that's all. Thank you" She responded with a smile

I rolled my eyes while walking to the crowded bar. "A barbera and a orange juice" I told the waitress.

"Right away sir" while he managed my ordered an elder man approached me, Massimo Mancini, owner of the Mancini food chain and also is suspected to be involved on some dark business, an Italian mafia cartel to be exact. This was a man I did not want to relate with.