24| Drink orders

P.O.V Zach

I set the bar back down on the rack and wiped the sweat off of my brow.

I looked over past my team towards Hazel.

For some reason coach invited her to our morning weight lift. And needless to say she was outlifting pretty much everyone on the team.

"Hey Zach." Hayden whispered as he walked over to me

"Whats up Hayden." I asked while picking up my water bottle.

"Mick want to know drink orders for Friday" he explained pulling out his phone.

"Mick will know what I want." I replied with a small shake of my head.

"Oh by the way," Hayden said "have you seen Hazel over there... she's a beast."

I just let out a small laugh. I hadn't spoken much to Hazel this morning, she seemed to be in her own world.

And I had to keep in mind the moment we had a few days ago in my room.

Everything about her seemed to unravel after that. Conner, her attitude, her knowledge of hockey, why she lied to me the first day I met her.

I didn't blame her, her telling me she couldn't skate when she could.

She was just so scared to get on the ice, she didn't want to deal with that or make me deal with it.

God the entire experience must have been terrifying. Having to sit there while her brother was unconscious.

"Hey Hayden, what drink did Hazel want?" I asked suddenly curious.

He scrolled through his phone for a second before replying.

"She said surprise me. I figured I'd get her some pink drink or some shit like that."

I just nodded my head as a response before looking back towards Hazel.

She was wearing black Nike shorts and a dark blue sports bra with a complicated back. Her dark brow hair was pulled up in a high mushroom bun.

She definitely had a 6 pack, I could see it clearly now in the light of the weight room.

Hazel laughed at something Mick said her face lighting up.

Some where in me I could feel my blood boil. But part of me knew she wouldnt let Mick advance on her, she was too head strong for that.

Still holding my water bottle I walked towards Hazel giving her a light smile as I did.

She sat up from the bench she was laying in and returned the smile.

"Hey princess."

"Knight" she said

And as she did I realized the ironicness with our nick names.

I scuffed lightly thinking about it in my brain.

"What?" Hazel asked with a slight laugh referring to m scuff.

I shook my head.

"Nothing I was just thinking."

"About?" She questioned leaning forward slightly.

I had to keep my eyes on her face before her sports bra was the death of me.

"The game on Friday, where do you think you'll be sitting?" I asked switching the topics in my head.

"Well actually..." Hazel started making me slightly nervous.

Was she not coming anymore?

"I've actually asked Hazel to work the clock." Coach Dave said walking up to me and Hazel.

Hazel looked up at him with a smile.

When the hell did these two become best friends.

"Yeah so ill be at the clock watching if thats alright." She explained.

"Oh yeah no, thats cool." I reassured her, "when did you two get together to talk about this?"

I asked looking more at Dave, he just smiled slightly looking at Hazel first before responding.

"Well I figured Hazel could add some hours on her service sheet by helping out with the clock." He stated

I looked at Hazel who was fiddling her thumbs.

"Cool, that's great Hazel" I said trying to get it acrossed that I wasn't upset about her being at the clock.

She seemed nervous to tell me, like I would be upset.

But truth was, I wasn't at all. She would be closest to the ice next to the penalty box.

"Thanks." She explained with a soft smile.

She rubbed the back of her neck slightly, around where I saw the scar a few days ago.

"Zach don't you have a few more sets to get through?" Dave asked smirking to himself like he knew what was going on between me and Hazel.

"Right..." I said trailing off before walking towards the squat rack.

I looked back to see Hazel and coach Dave talking intently now. I could only make out two words that Hazel said

"Yes coach."

I turned back towards the rack and looked at Mick who was also watching coach and Hazel.

"Is he recruiting her or something?" Mick asked

I just shrugged putting some weight on the bar.

"Doesn't matter, let's just focus on this Friday's game."

Words: 799