48| Where we ended up

P.O.V: Hazel

"And thats a goal for team U.S.A scored by Linda Holzinski and assisted by Hazel Underwood!"

Linda skated up to me hugging me tight.

"That was all you girl! All you!" Linda shouted in my ear, a smile came acrossed my face.

"You made the goal!" I shouted back as the rest of the team came to hug us.

It was almost the end of the period and we were up 2-0.

Regardless of it being the Olympics, the nerves weren't very prevalent.

After the first Olympics, and being in the spot light practically all my life, I was pretty used to it by now.

I skated to the bench and ended my shift with that goal, my dark brown eyes finding Zach in the crowd.

And a smile crossed my face.

It had been 4 years since I first met Zach.

4 long and hard years.

Zach went away to college and I went to the olympics, I did school when I had a chance.

Both Conner and Killian played D-1, they just got drafted to play together on the Ducks.

Zach got his degree to be a personal trainer for professional hockey teams, and he was damn good at it too.

For those of you wondering if we stayed together after high-school, we did.

In fact the ring he used to propose to me 4 weeks ago was gorgeous.

I could wait for my parents to see me get married and for Ryan to walk me down the ile as my dad.

Life worked out. It normally does.

It just took awhile to get there, some crying and some fighting along the way.

But looking back at what happened, I can't complain.

Though Zach still sometimes teases me about the lying, we'd practically forgotten about it.

I smirked slightly as the buzzer went off ending the game.

"And that ends the game with a win for team U.S.A!" The announcer shouted.

The crowd went crazy as we all skated out onto the ice in celebration of our victory.

As I hugged my teamates, my eyes began to water.

This was my last professional game of hockey, I hadn't told anyone but Zach yet. But it was.

My plan was to move back to Rice Creek with Zach and start a family.

I was also going to take over full ownership of the rink from Dave.

I had a job coaching youth hockey and running a rink. I couldn't complain about the end of my professional career.

I'd done it all, I'd worked my ass off and I'd gotten to the top.

With all of my accomplishments, the media had forgotten about my real dad and my little breaking and entering scandal.

Though I couldn't.

Because if I hadn't fought with my mom that day and stormed out I wouldn't have been forced to serve community service and I might have never met Zach.

"I want to say thank you to all my current and past coaches. My mom and my dad, and my fiance." I said in an interview with Hockeytown Daily.

"What do you want to thank them for?" The interviewer asked, making me smile.

I let out a small chuckle and looked down at my hands fiddling with my thumbs for a second before awnsering.

"Without them, I don't think I would have ever got back into hockey."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coach Dave is inspired by a real life hockey coach Dave who sadly passed from a heart attack on his way to a hockey game. He inspired so many to over come their fears and step out of their comfort zones.
He didn't just create a team he created a family and allow strangers to turn to friends and a rag tag group of boys to turn into league champs.
Thank you Coach Dave, Thank you for all you did.

~~~~~~~~~

And thats it, thats the end.

Kind of boring, I know but I didn't know what else to do with the story.

I hope you liked it, it was kind of long but that seems to be the theme with my last few stories.

Thank you again for reading, I hope you enjoyed the book!

Please check out my page as I have several other stories up!

Another hockey story
A swim story
A lifeguard story
And a surfer story