47| The Night to Remember

P.O.V Zach 

I sat in Hazel's living room waiting for her to come downstairs. 

I wasn't the only one waiting, her mom and my parents were waiting as well. 

Both me and Hazel didn't really want pictures, but our parents did, so we agreed to one photo. 

I adjusted the collar on my black dress shirt, I was sort of anxious just sitting here waiting.

“You know Hazels never been to a school dance before.” Her mom said, sparking a conversation.

“Really why not?” My mom asked, surprised.

“Hockey, we were always out of state at a tournament when there was a dance.”

“Well I hope she enjoys this one.” My mom said with a smile pausing as she realized Hazel was walking downstairs.

My breath was stuck in my throat as I saw her. I froze for a moment remembering my parents and Hazels parents were around. 

Because lord help me if they weren't, we probably would never make it to the dance.

Hazel was beautiful. That's the only way to put it.

The dress was short, very short and clung tightly to her skin. 

It had an open back where you could just barely see a bruise from yesterday's game. 

“Sorry to keep you all waiting.” Hazel said, kind of hesitant from everyone's gaze.
“Oh no problem at all sweetheart, you look wonderful.” My mom said standing up and grabbing her phone.

I stood up as well realizing that I probably should go up to hazel, but I was just so awestruck by how she looked I couldn't help but freeze up. 

I held Hazel by her waist as my parents pulled out their phones. 

“God you look amazing” I whispered as I stood next to her. 

Even though she was wearing makeup I could see a blush come to her face.

“You don't look too bad yourself.” 

“One photo.” I reminded everyone.

We needed to get out of here quickly, because now feeling the dress… well it could barely be considered fabric it was so thin. 

My mom rolled her eyes but as agreed only took one picture, same as Hazel's mom.

“You guys have fun tonight. Hazel hun remember I'm leaving for plainwell tonight I'll be back sunday.” 

She was going to spend the weekend with Ryan, Hazel found that out pretty quick. She was like an interrogator after the game yesterday, but she found out what she wanted to know. 

“Yeah I remember, Have fun mom.” Hazel said with a sweet smile, excited for her mom.

As we walked out of the door almost everyone said in unison. “Bye, Have fun, Love you!”

Hazel chuckled slightly getting into my car. 

We were heading straight to the dance, we were already an hour late and decided to skip dinner.

“What's so funny?” I asked as her laughs came out of nowhere.

“”You,” She replied with a bright red face, “ trying not to be hard in my living room.”

Now my face turned red as I put the car in drive.

“Oh shut up, Mick got Fireball shots hope that's good.” I started driving to the high school.