28| Hi I'm Conner

P.O.V Hazel

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and the sound of my mom and Conner laughing.

I rubbed my eyes slightly, my head was slightly pounding. Fortunately for me I had some pretty light hang overs.

I'd never drink myself to the point of being to miserable in the morning that the night before wasn't fun.

I rose out of bed, the little ball in my head bouncing against my skull alittle harder.

I removed the jeans I had worn to the party and replaced them with my sweatpants.

I also took off Zachs sweatshirt, only because the alcohol sent was strong.

As I did it reveal the tank top I'd worn underneath and instead of smelling like alcohol, it smelled of cologne.

Specifically Zachs, and I was reminded of our time in the garage. My face flushed red as I thought of it and I quickly took off the tank top.

I'd officially crossed the line of just being friends with him now.

I put on a new sweatshirt, just plan white with a small black Nike symbol and brushed through my tangled hair.

When I felt presentable I made my way downstairs to find Conner at the stove cooking breakfast and my mom sitting at the couch drinking coffee and watching the news.

They were smiling and talking to each other and it made me smile.

I missed my family being together, or the days I spent at Conners house with his family.

"Hey pumpkin morning." My mom said with a smile.

Conner looked towards me turning away from the stove for a moment.

"Morning hockey town, how'd you sleep?"

"Good." I replied taking my place at the kitchen table.

Infront of me Conner placed a plate of pancakes and bacon, my mouth watered. And I couldn't decide if I wanted to eat it or if it would make me throw up.

"Eat." Conner said sternly pointing at the food before turning around and getting back to the stove.

I shoved a pancake in my mouth and quickly chewed and swallowed it, the fear of throwing up in front of my mom becoming strong.

Conner looked back from the stove and smirked at me, finding amusement in the consequence of me drinking last night.

"Hun, I was thinking maybe you could take Conner to the rink and show him around." My mom explained trying to get me out of the house to do something with Conner.

But I groaned not feeling like doing anything, I was more planning in telling Conner to find something to do while I slept in bed.

But Conner turned towards my mom with a smile in his face, ready to make my life misery.

"That sounds like a great plan"

I gave him a cold stare and he smiled back at me, trying to reframe from laughing as he did.

"How about we leave in 10?" Conner asked

I grumbled at him before abandoning my pancakes to change. Conner just chuckled to himself grabbing the plate of pancakes and finishing them.

I on the other hand quickly threw on leggings and a sage green sweatshirt.

"Let's go hockey town!" Conner yelled from down stairs.

I just rolled my eyes, throwing my hair back in a low bun.

"Don't rush me!" I yelled back.

I made my way down the stairs and Conner gave me a cheeky grin ready to go.