ch-1

Rhea's pov:

"I was standing in the middle of a dense forest. I didn't feel frightened. I felt safe and familiar. I heard a weird noise somewhere near........ A beautiful melody, so familiar"...

I opened my eyes to see my phone ringing and vibrating. Still half asleep, I yawned and took the phone, put it out on speaker and tossed it back to bed.

"Hello! Rhea" a very familiar voice!

"Hell-no! What the hell is wrong with you Amaira to call me in the middle of the night!"

"Miss, little princess. It's freaking 6 a.m. a perfect time to be called morning" She is from southeast Asia easy for her to say. I don't know why she wakes up so early in the morning when school is only by 9. I think she should have been born as the daughter of a Milkman in some dimension.

"So? Its still midnight for me? Now don't make me miss my precious sleep! What the hell do you want?

"Rhea, do you even remember what day is today?"

"Yes, Wednesday."

"Waah, waah, my intelligent baby. Your lovely senior is going out of school today? Remember?"

"Oh dammit, dharshith is going out of school? Why? I sat up straight in the bed

"Ask me why? idiot! wake up and remember everything. Check the school group and report to school on time."

"Yes, miss. Amaira"

Dharshith is going out of school? Why?! What happened to him?  Is he insane? (He might be!)

A few years back!....(buckle up your seat belts, we gonna time travel now)

I was walking into the school. The beautiful blossoms of some unknown tree were showering me with pinkish flowers. A beautiful spring day. I should have been happy but something inside me was not alright.

"Hey! Sissy! What's going around in your head? You walked past me without noticing me?"

" Oh hey brother, I was just thinking something!"

"Alright, I'm not gonna question you. Take your time and once you feel like saying it out to me text me or meet me! Alright! Take care"

"Sridhar....." His teammates called him. He signalled with his fingers.

"Okay sis, take care see you soon"

Oh my god! My one of the best people in my life, who makes me realise how special I am. If I can I will give him all my luck and happiness. But I wish I had some!

I walked again and was about to go into the classroom. But then.....sweet smelling fragrance of sandalwood, and the giggling sound of some boys, caught my attention and I  stepped out again and was starring at him.

His light brown eyes and brownish hair fell just above his eyes. Suddenly his eyes met mine. I rushed back to the classroom and sat down on the bench. I was flustered.

I peeped out through the window and saw him with his friends walking over to their class. I wish time didn't move out so fast. I wish we were still the same. I wish we were back to being young. ( I am not mean, but are you in your 60s now, miss? No offence)

"Hey! Rhea" Oof, the cheering call of my bestest idiot, I mean friend.

"Yes?"

" Why were you staring at our senior?"

"Who"?

"Dharshith....wow! He is so dreamy! You know what he is gonna participate in the student body election this year! I'm sure he is gonna win"

"Oh, okay!"

"You sound uninterested?"

"Why do you think I would get interested in him?"

"Whatever, you are so boring, Rhea."

"If your dictionary means, that minding my own business, making my parents proud, studying hard, working on my future and passion means boring, then alright, I would like to be boring"

"You are unbelievable, Rhea. I don't wanna argue with you. see you!"

With that, she left. Oh my god! I don't know these days I'm being snappy a lot. I wish I was alright! I wish I stopped wishing and started doing it!

I lay down on my bench. All the thoughts from morning rushed back to me. "Rhea! You are a failure? You know, your friend Amaira wakes up early in the morning, helps her mother, gains more marks, has more friends, she is the picture perfect student, daughter, girl. And you, staying up till 1 am writing useless crappy things in your book and dozing off to sleep. Are you still sleeping? You are unbelievable, Rhea. wake up!"

I sometimes get so angry at her for being so perfect! But how is it right? She is not the problem! My mother is the problem! I wish it was her that went out that night! I wish...

"Rhea, sissy, you know I am gonna stand in for the student body election." His face lit up with excitement as he rushed into the class.

"Oh, wow!! Really!! I will do my best to support you, brother"

"That's my sissy. I have so much work to do see you"

This is how my life is. A messy drama.

✨______________________________________✨

Everyone's life is a drama. Thank you for reading. I would appreciate your comments and votes. Thank you.

-Amaira Rhea ❣️✨