ch-6

"look, it's not your fault! You didn't mean to- i mean you were not the reason for your brother's death. You literally can't blame yourself. Its fate and i know it a very unfortunate fate that troubles you". It felt new to hear his voice after all these days.

Since the last meeting with my brother in my room, after which i passed out and woke the next morning remembering all the dreading memories. My brother was very firm on making me free from the guilt ,that he spoke with dharshith after 6years just because i said that i liked him.

They were trying their best to console me, to free me from the new found guilt i had accepted.

I opened my mouth to speak after hearing all their consolation since morning." Guys, I'm cool. Don't worry I'm alright and it would be really great if you can give me some time to think and heal".

They looked at each other for a brief moment and sighed. Dharshith left and shridhar followed him.

They were worried. Sincerely worried. And i didn't want to be a burden to them after all the things people have gone through because of me.

I accepted the past. But still i missed kai terribly that it made me feel as if it was me because of who she went away. And it was true. I was confused. So damn confused between accepting that i was unlucky and monstrous. Or that it was all a very quirky nightmare that turned out to be a reality.

And i chose the later option after several debates with myself. It finally got to me that i was the reason for my brother to go out but i didn't really knew that he would get into accident. So it's not wholly my fault.

I really wanted to accept it but i just buried these thoughts deeply and moved on.

Later that week the results for elections were announced and it actually didn't surprise me that my brother won.

But we were actually not in the mind to celebrate it anymore and dharshith was not in a competitive motive to treat sridhar as his enemy or competitor anymore. After all they were best friends. They were all best friends.

It was good to see them together again. And i felt really good to get back together with dharshith. We spend more time together and it was an end for all these drama. We still didn't confess but we're more close.

But still the drama at home was usual. My mother would cry holding sashan's picture. Father would be out with his pals and return home late at night and leave early mornings that i didn't get to see him more.

It became usual.

Back to reality:

After a call from my best friend, amaira. I quickly showered and wore a black button up shirt and plain jean with white Converse.

I rushed to school as quick as i can because that would be the last day for the two important persons in my life, at the school. We as juniors were responsible for the farewell party and things were going really well. I dressed really casual that i felt alienated amidst of well dressed up seniors and classmates.

I was always assigned of the planning work as i was really good at planning. I was going through the event checklist and participants when, Amaira jumped with excitement.

She literally ran to to me and whispered "Dharshith looks so damn handsome". I felt blood rush to my cheeks and my heart sink deeper.my blood was boiling and my teeth clattered against one another.

God! I was so much possessive. I was shooting daggers at her but she walked the other way and i was done!

I was burning up inside but i didn't want others to know anything about our relationship. But still i don't want anyone to call him, handsome.

I started concentrating on my work until i felt a handover my shoulder. I knew exactly who it would be and i was so angry and possessive that i ignored him and walked over the other way acting as i was busy.

It continued for a while and almost throughout the entire programme. He would to try to speak with me and i would move on as if i didn't see him and he was so confused about my behaviour which was so visible at his face.

Things were going alright. Dharshith was chosen as the mr.fresher. and i was sent to the store room to bring gifts for the seniors.

As i was about to enter the room someone closed my eyes and mouth and dragged me out to some where!

✨____________________________________________✨

Thank you for reading. I would appreciate your comments and votes. Thank you.

-Amaira Rhea ❣️✨