ch-14

"Where are you going?" Asked sridhar seeing him pack his clothes.

"You heard what she said sridhar. I shouldn't be around her for now and actually i was already moving to abroad anyways"

"You are going where??!"

"Germany bro. What is your problem?"

"Don't you think you have to explain yourselves first to her."

" I want to, but she never listens. She said she want me dead. I couldn't care less about her."

"Don't say like that! you do care for her. Give me a chance i will speak to her."

"You do anything you want but I'm moving away tonight and won't be back for atleast 5years"

"You are moving tonight?!"

"Yeah 8:55 p.m"

Sridhar let a sigh. She is falling apart and I'm just standing here watching, he thought.

___________________________

Dear Rhea,

I know you wouldn't be ready to speak about dharshith to you in person so i don't know what to do. Im just writing this in the hope of you reading this.  You know, what you saw in the cafeteria earlier is not what it looks like........

Its not what it looks like. she mimicked. Why does he keeps picking his side.
She stared into the paper rethinking her life's decisions. When did my life started falling apart. Why didn't I notice it?

What brought you here Rhea? She thought.

......It's not dharshith's fault. Amaira, she is the snake. She is jealous of you. She envies you.  She was the one who asked off Narun to say out the truth to you.  She was the one who knew you would be there in the cafeteria when she purposefully hugged him even when he tried to push her away......

The last person i believed. My best friend. She broke my trust too.

......and this might be your last chance to speak to dharshith. He is going to Germany. Flight by 8.55 p.m....

Your loving brother,
Sridhar.

_____________

Dharshith was waiting there in the airport with a little hope of her coming to see him.  He fiddled with his black stripped shirt.

"You look like a chocolate dessert in this shirt dharshu" she said and ran away.

His memories made his hope raise. He looked into the watch. 8.35 p.m

"Hello! ladies and gentlemen. The flight that was supposed to take off by
8.55p.m is taking off a little early by 8.40 p.m."

Oh shit!  He walked with the crowd to board his plane.

.....

Rhea walked in, her mid length blue dress giving off spring vibes. She heard the announcement and walked a little faster. She wanted to see him. She wanted to hold him. She wanted to speak to him.

She walked a little further when she saw him, their eyes locked. He was there on top of the escalator. She was there down. They could only see each other. And then he had to walk away. Far away from her.

She wanted to cry but isn't it common for people to walk away from her.

She broke down in the car later. Her brother who was near her didn't know how to console her. Nothing can console her now. They were so near but far way from each other.

__________________

Amaira smiled knowing she got what she needed.  Everything from Rhea. She liked her smile, her happiness as it was the cost of Rhea's pain. She didn't want anything but her to suffer.  Because of her, sashan never gave her his attention. She didn't give me attention and never accepted me as her best friend. Everyone neglected me and treated me like i was invisible when i was clearly better than her.

She succeeded but didn't knew how long it was gonna last.

__________________

Rhea was broken. She couldn't even apologise. She sent a long text to dharshith hoping he would see it after he gets off the plane. She couldn't cry anymore, her eyes burnt. There were no tears left to cry.

She wanted to console herself so she went down in the kitchen to drink some water. Her father sitting there watching TV.

It had been days since she saw him. He looked at her. "Rhea dear come sit here. It has been so many days since we spoke isn't it."

She couldn't believe her ears. She stood there staring at him like she saw a ghost. He continued.

"I know it's all of a sudden. Yesterday sridhar spoke to me. Such a good boy. He made me realise my mistakes. We were grieving over the one child we lost while we were losing the other one too. We are sorry for neglecting you all these years. Im really sorry dear. I know it's not enough for all the things you have been going through all these years. But i really mean it. Im sorry"

"It okay papa. I will try my best to get together to you"
It gave her a little comfort for her. A little hope that she can get better. She can be in a long distance relationship with dharshith and have a good academic life in here with her parents. She felt she could get her life together again.

The reporter in tv said in a hurried and nervous voice,

" The plane that took off by 8.40 p.m yesterday crashed into the ocean because of some technical issues. This incident happened around 9. 30 p.m but the information reached only early in the morning. Rescuing the bodies seem impossible but still the rescue team is doing their best. lets hear from the head of the security team."

"The plane no. 13101995 that was about to reach Germany....."

She couldn't hear more. She felt dizzy. Guilt, nausea took over her. Her heart beat crazily and the next moment she fell down in her father's lap.

The text sent still remained unseen.

The end.

✨__________________________________✨

Thank you for reading. I would appreciate your comments and votes. Thank you.

-Amaira Rhea ❣️✨