-40- Your Warmth is wanted too

Welcome to ze fortieth chapter!
Titles are longer now! Cool!
That will probably not mean as much to the people who started reading after this chapter came out...
But it's cool nonetheless!
Enjoy!
(Please notify me of any grammar/spelling mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Author's POV

"You've got to be kidding me..." sighed Dan, walking into the old, but fixed club building. "They couldn't even care to put the heaters on?! I know it's the last day before winter break, but still..."

"Yikes!" Natsuki jumped, shivering from the cold. "It feels even colder than outside!"

"Lemme in! Lemme in!" shouted Sayori, barging through the door behind the two. "Mm... Nice and... f-f-freezing!" her teeth began to clatter the moment the disappointment sank in. She quickly ran to Natsuki's side, holding onto her for imaginary warmth.

A light chuckle came from Dan. "Sayori, she's definitely not going to give you enough warmth to survive this."

"Oh?" Sayori huddled her way over to her friend, with Natsuki still in her grip. "I'll have some of yours too, then," the blatant girl announced before adding Dan to her collection of human heaters.

"Agh-!"

"Ah, that's loads better already. Thanks for the suggestion."

"No problem," said Dan, defeated.

"Really?" sounded a distant voice.

"Mhm, his club has already been called off before winter break. I don't know about the others though," replied Yuri, as she entered the building first.

Monika soon followed behind her, nodding thankfully to her friend for holding the door. "Well, all the other clubs in this building have also called it quits. There might have been a memo we missed, because the lack of the conspiracy club means we'll be the only ones here today."

"Oh my..." Yuri trailed off, seemingly interested to continue their conversation, but she was quickly distracted by her surroundings. She was not the only one, even Monika was a little lost for words.

As if the cold was not distracting enough, the stationary bearhug would have been more than sufficient to halt most conversations.

Sayori made quick eye contact with her friends. "Join us!" both Dan and Natsuki made sure to nod, encouraging their friends to share their warmth.

"O-oh," stumbled Yuri, who looked beside her, trying to figure out what the president thought of it. But Monika had a rough expression. One that seemed more stumped than that of Yuri's.

"Jooooooin uuuusss," chanted the three from within the cluster of people; it was something they whispered amongst themselves beforehand to coordinate.

Hesitantly Yuri looked back and forth between herself and her friend once more, before the temptation and curiosity won her over. Slowly, but surely, the tall girl stepped her way towards her other members and friends.

Yuri's eyes darted around, looking at all three of them, until she stepped behind Sayori and tried her best to wrap her arms around the three.

"Ahhh..." they all exhaled, except for Yuri.

"Am I doing it right?"

"Yes, you are!" reassured Natsuki.

"Your boobs are so warm! So toasty!" Sayori exclaimed with joy, leaning her head backwards for the full experience.