-31- Too close for Comfort

Welcome to ze thirty-first chapter!!
Right, right. I know it's taken way too long for this to arrive, and I apologize for the long wait. So I hope it was worthwhile for you guys. I... actually kind of lost it near the end of the chapter hehehe.
Anyways, enjoy!!
(Please notify me on any spelling/grammar mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Natsuki's POV

"What's with all these boxes? Almost looks like we're moving out." A large portion of the clubroom was covered with multiple stacks of cardboard boxes. Quite the contrast to the usually bland looking space.

Monika, who stood amidst the scene, slowly nodded her head at me. "Well, that's because we are." Confirming my simple deduction whilst closing another box shut.

"Wait, seriously?" I immediately followed up. Even the slow thinker beside me was just as confused, given the quick 'huh?' sound he made.

"Yeah, seriously. I was quite surprised myself as well when I got the news yesterday, but it was apparently decided that this classroom and a few others are going to be used for other practical uses." Our club president gave a small sigh.

"Alright then, but where are we supposed to go now? They didn't just abandon our club because of the low amounts of yearly interest, right?" Dan actually sounded a bit worried there, guess he really did find his place here.

Monika looked a bit surprised, to which both Dan and I looked surprised. "Of course our club isn't 'abandoned' or anything like that, in fact, the teachers hold the literature club in high regard. Probably due to it being focused on quite an educational topic, and because it has such low amounts of interests they really want to keep it alive."

"Alright, so then... where to are we moving? Another classroom would be rather contradicting, right? And it's not like there are rooms dedicated to clubs anymore, so I don't see how we're getting spared." I deducted yet again.

"Actually, there are some rooms for clubs still. Does either of you remember the old storage building behind the track fields? Those rooms haven't been used for a while now, and they're the perfect size for a compact club like ours. Only downside is having to clean the building..." Monika muttered the last part.

"That building? That could actually work pretty well." Dan said.

"So, to sum it up: we're packing all our 'belongings'; moving them to the other building whilst also cleaning said building and then we settle in again, correct?" I tried to wrap my head around the whole event.

"Pretty much, yeah. Yuri and Sayori are already at the scene, along with members from other clubs who've also gotten similar privileges.

"So I guess both Suki and I should be helping out too, right? We'll be checking it out then." Dan remarked besides me.

"Great! You don't mind taking some boxes with you while you're at it, no?"

———

Dan's POV

"Aito? You're here as well?" The moment both Suki and I entered the old building, we were greeted with Aito furiously cleaning the floors. He was fully dressed for the occasion as well.

Like some instantaneous reaction to hearing my voice, Aito had stopped scrubbing. "Ah yes, it would certainly seem like my presence here is inevitable."

He turned to face the both of us, all while clenching the sponge in his hand, some soap was even seeping out. "Or at least, it seems like I got tricked into such activities by signing up for this club years ago. Never have I witnessed such betrayal."