Chapter one

"Please welcome to the podium the head coach and leader of the Mighty Ducks, Gordon Bombay." The announcer welcomed Coach Bombay on the stage as Y/N and the rest of the Duck players applauded him. "Thank you. It's a great honor to be here today to introduce you to a truly great group of kids. Sure, they can be a little rambunctious. They've run me ragged and played more than their fair share of pranks. I still haven't forgotten about those eggs. But I hung in there, and they hung in there for me. We became the Quack Attack, the Flying "V" and the Bash Brothers. I've never had a better time. These kids are winners in every one of them. But more than that, these are good people. I hope that they enrich and enliven your school and your lives the way they have mine. Now I hand you over to the capable hands of my old biology teacher and the current headmaster of Eden Hall, Dean Buckley." Everyone applauded the Head Master as Y/N had her arm wrapped around Luis' waist and he kissed her temple

The dean cleared his throat and began to speak." Gordon Bombay has a lot to be proud of. "We are happy to welcome the Ducks to our great educational institution. So, today it gives me great pleasure to award you these full athletic scholarships to the Eden Hall Academy...where we hope the Ducks will be happy Warriors and lead us on to glory and divisional championships." Y/N couldn't believe what she was hearing and cheered with the girls. After the ceremony, Gordon sat on a park bench near the pond. Some real ducks make circles near the edge as Gordon looks at them. In his hand, he holds a letter. Suddenly something flies over his head, and Gordon jumps a bit. Soon realizing it's Charlie on roller skates. "The school looks stuffy, but we'll loosen it up. Huh, Coach." Charlie chuckled at Bombay but his smile faded when Gordon was shaking his head.

"I'm not gonna be your Coach this year," Gordon said. "Yeah, very funny." Charlie laughed a bit. "I just got the official word. The Junior Goodwill Games Committee... has named me Director of Player Personnel. I'm gonna be in charge of their junior hockey program worldwide." Gordon explainedCharlie looked at him as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. He's been his coach for four years and is leaving him and the rest of the Ducks. "Well, don't go" Charlie protested with Gordon but Gordon wouldn't budge. "Charlie, I can't pass up this opportunity," Gordon said, trying his best to reason with the distraught Charlie. "But you can pass us up, right? I mean, you dump us in some stupid school, and now," Charlie was venting his anger out on Gordon. "I'm not dumping you anywhere. Eden Hall is a great chance for you." Gordon reassures Charlie but Charlie walks away from him, leaving Gordon feeling guilty and heartbroken.