Eight

The next day, during lunch, the freshman was having lunch at their table when the Varsity players came by. "Oh great," Y/N muttered under her breath and everyone turned their heads to see them coming by. "Hey, congrats on the Blake game," Rick said"Yeahright. We tied." Charlie sighed.

"Hey, a points a points.You guys set for dinner on Friday?" Rick asked. "Dinner?" Y/N questioned. "It's an Eden Hall tradition. Varsity gotta treat the freshman to dinner. So round up your posse and meet us at six at Murray's Steak House downtownIf anybody needs a ride, we can take youYou guys like steak don't ya?Rick said before the freshman nodded in agreement.

Later that night, Scooter, the goalie rode Y/N, Luis, and Julie to Murray's Steakhouses BMW. Four tables form a rectangle in this elegant room made up of marble, brass, glass, and wood. The varsity looks like they belong in their Westbrook team blazers. The freshman looks less to the manner born in their diverse form of dress. A small group of formally clad waiters attends to their every need, filling their water glasses and putting fresh rolls on their plates. "More water, dear?" The elderly waiter held a pitcher in front of Y/N. "Yes please" She held her cup in mid-air and he filled the cup up before he walked away. "Hey you gotta show me that spinorama, man, that thing is cool" Charlie thought about it for a moment before agreeing with him. "Yeah. SureIt's easier than it looks" Charlie explained.

Captain Rick stands, his water glass raised for a toast. The varsity all raise their glasses. "On behalf of the Westbrook Warrior Varsity State Champion Hockey Team, I'd like to welcome the future state champs, the Westbrook Freshmen," Rick announced"Here...here" The varsity players cheered. "We're just glad you loaned us Banksie so we'd have a chance to beat you guys in the annual freshman-varsity showdown,"

Rick said, making Banks, who was sitting between two varsity players, uncomfortableThe waiters clear the dinner dishes. The freshman sits back in stuffed satisfaction as all the Varsity have left their seats except for Scott, Rick, Cole, and the lonesome Banks. "Nobody moves. There something we have to take care of." Rick announced before he got up and left. "I wonder what they have in store for us," Y/N questioned. "I heard it's a big cake," Luis suggested, placing his arm around Y/n.

A couple of waiters roll in a large cake illuminated by sparklers. It reads: "THANKS FOR DINNER, LOSERS! The waiter ceremoniously places the bill on the table: $857! "Where on earth are we going to get that kind of cash?!" Y/N asked, placing her head in her hands. She, Julie, and Connie were in the bathroom cleaning the toilets. Goldberg, Luis and Jesse wash the dishes, and shirtsleeves rolled up. Charlie stands with a vacuum. Connie and Guy sweep the floor. Wu cleans the toilet. Fulton takes out the trash to the dumpster behind the restaurant. Russ hoses down the parking lot. The red-vested valets watch and smile. Charlie and Averman sweep the sidewalk.

"We gotta do something. We gotta respond" Y/N stated, clearing the table. "Like physics" Averman agreed. "Hey, be cool. I don't want to mess up my scholarship." Russ arguedY/N and Averman just look at him"I mean, let's not get caught." He said.