Thirteen

The large, fancy oak-paneled conference room is packed. Standing room only. The DISTINGUISHED 12-MAN BOARD sits up front on a dals with DEAN BUCKLEY in the center.

On one side of the room, we see the VARSITY and their BOOSTER CLUB PARENTS. On the other side, we the DUCKS and their SUPPORTERSWe join the meeting in progress with COACH ORION addressing the BOARD from a microphone set up in the center aisle. "... And so, I ask you now, to reconsider your decision to cancel the scholarships awarded to the Freshmen hockey teamI ask you to let them fulfill their four-year commitment to the Westbrook Academy" Orion begged"Do I have the motion to reconsider?" Dean Buckley asked, turning to the board. The BOARD stands muteTHOM PORTER and his BOOSTER CLUB cronies smile. The DUCKS look downcastCHARLIE looks over his shoulder and sees CASEY standing in the back next to LINDA, who waits to present her petitions.

I'm sorry, Coach. Without a motion and a secondthe decision stands." Dean Buckley apologized. "You leave me no choice but to bring in my attorney." Orion shrugged and on cue Gordon came in with a briefcase in hand, dressed in his highest-power suit, ready for a legal battle. As GORDON strides to the microphone, the DUCKS instinctively start to QUACK. ORION smiles, then stops them with a sidelong glance. "Dean Buckley, Members of the Board, as counsel for Coach Orion and the Freshman Hockey Team, I am here tonight to set forth your legal options... so that you may make the best possible decision for all parties concerned" Gordon said"MrBombay, this isn't a legal proceeding." Dean Buckley said, trying his best to be friendly"Not yet. But I can assure you it will be." Gordon told Dean, pulling papers out of his briefcase"These scholarships became binding contracts upon the signatures of the recipients... to wit, the Ducks. They cannot be voided except for cause - which, I guarantee you, you have none. Should you pursue their cancellation, I will slap you with an injunction within 24 hours. I will tie this matter up in court for years... until long after these freshmen have gone on to collegeAnd I will collect the damagesI will win because I am very good. And you know why. I am so good? Because I had a good education. You gave it to me... and you will give it to these kids whether you like it or not." Gordon announced as everyone stared at him with surprised expressions on their faces at his speech.

"I know these fine young peopleYou give them their full shot, and I promise you, they will beat everybody's brains out... not just on the icebut in the classrooms tooI know what they can doI demand you reinstate their scholarshipsNow!" Gordon demanded. The DUCK side of the room bursts into APPLAUSEThe dean then banged his gravel on the table and let the Ducks stay as the Ducks cheered again and Y/N and Luis shared a kiss together. "Let's go beat these varsity players," Luis spoke softly. "Let's do it." Y/N smiled.