Chapter three

After school, the Ducks went inside the hockey stadium to prepare for practice and saw banners and awards from over the years that Eden Hall has been around. They walked into the rink before getting stopped by the varsity players. "If it isn't Captain Ducky," Rick said, placing his hand on Charlie's chest, completely stopping him. "And Ms. L/N?" Rick smiled, looking at Y/N who looked uncomfortable around him"Get your hands off him," Fulton said to Rick pushing him back.

"And leave her alone." Fulton also told Rick, referring to Y/N. "Oh, look. A Bash Brother." Rick chuckled, making Fulton get angrier by the minute. "Break it up!" Wilson said as he pulled the Varsity players away from the JV. "How about it, Cowboy? Round up?" Charlie asked. "Hey, Charlie shouldn't we wait for the new coach before we mess around?" Connie asked Charlie. "This is how we practice Duck hockey, Connie. You'll have to get used to it sooner or later." Charlie told her before he urged Dwayne to play. "Yee-ha! Round 'em up, doggies!"

Here comes Cowboy Dwayne with his lasso. Everybody scatters as Dwayne whips his lasso and charges forward. Charlie narrowly escapes the first throw by executing a great panorama... the lasso falls inches short. Everyone's flying around the ice, whooping and laughing, having a blast as they play their special brand of tag. Charlie helps Fulton and Russ skate, encouraging them. Dwayne zeroes in on Russ. He throws the lasso and at the last minute, Charlie pushes Russ out of the wayUnfortunately, it encircles Charlie and pulls him to the ice. On Charlie's side, he feels like a hopeless calf and then hears a shrill blast of a whistle. Moving towards him were two larger skates. His gaze moves up to reveal his new coach, Ted Orion. Wonderfully weathered for a man still in his thirties, he seems larger than life. There's an air about him that radiates authority. It starts with his intense gaze as he leans down to untie Charlie.

"My name is Coach Orion. You can call me "Coach" or "Coach Orion." Orion told the six freshman as he stared at only Charlie. "You can call me Charlie." Charlie introduced himself to Orion by giving out his hand. "Must be what that C on your jersey stands for. Sure doesn't stand for captain." Orion pointed out. "Sorry about that Coach." Y/N shyly said. "We're just messing with you that's all." Russ joked. "Hey, Bombay gave him that jersey," Goldberg said. "And I respect that but that's the past. This is my team now and I decide on the captain." Orion dismissed making everyone's smile fade as he kept talking.

"You got to be kidding. I mean you're the rookieWe've all been together for four years." Charlie clarified as everyone agreed as well"Okay, Charlie. Laps. Right now." Orion demanded"Uh oh," Y/N muttered. "How many Coach Orion?" Charlie asked. "I don't recall saying" Orion quickly said before Charlie skated to the side of the rink and started doing laps.

"Now listen up. Listen good. We are here for a reason and one reason only..." Orion looks at Averman as if he wanted him to know the answer. "Do you know what that is?" Orion asked. "Starts with a w" He said. "To win, Coach Orion, sir!" Averman saluted. "No. To work! High school hockey is work. Learning to play hockey the way it was meant to be played is very hard work. And it all begins with defenseI've seen your tapes. I know you can score goals. I just don't know that you can stop them."

Orion said, skating back and forth. "So, here's the deal. If you want to play in my barn, you better be ready to work your tails off... at both ends. Is that clear? Count off!" Everyone repeated the numbers one, two, and three and started practice.

After practice, everyone entered the locker room with their tongues hanging out of their mouths and panting heavily. "I feel like I'm about to die." Y/N groaned as she collapsed on the bench with Luis following her, stroking her hair softly. "Somebody get a shovel and bury me right here in my gear." Goldberg sighed, lying down on the bench. Everyone jumped up as soon as Coach Orion came into the room.

"Eden Hall Academy requires you to maintain a Caverage to competeI believe that's a bad rule. I don't want any "C" players on my team, I want B's or better or you're gonna be riding the pine pony. Now you got 15 minutes after each practice to clear this locker room. You got homework to do. Oh, one more thing. Stay clear of the varsity until we play em in the JV-Varsity Showdown. Did you get that?" Coach Orion demanded before everyone groaned in response and he slammed the door behind him.

"Fifteen minutes?!" Russ questioned. "Man, I cannot move!" He complained before Y/N looked to see what Coach Orion posted on the bulletin board. "Hey, look he posted our positions," Y/N announced excitedly as she walked up to the board"What? I play right side, not left." Y/N said, confused by her new position"I don't believe it either! I play the left side not right."

Fulton complained as Y/N looked at him with sympathy written all over her face"I'm not even posted," Adam said. "Yes, you are. Adam Banks, third-line center. Varsity?" Y/N's eyes furrowed in confusion as well as Adam who had mixed emotions written on his face. "I made Varsity?" He asked before walking away trying to process all of this. Golberg remains on his bench, pulling off his jersey as Y/N walks back to get out of her gear.

"You know the great thing about goalie? You always know where you stand. I just mind my own business and take my place between the pipes." Goldberg said. "You're riding the pine pony, pal," Averman said with no sympathy written on his face. "Haha, very funny." Goldberg laughs. "Julie's one. Your two" Averman explained. "I'm back up?!" Goldberg questioned before charging at the board like an angry bull. "How could he do this to me? What am I chopped liver?" Goldberg cried as Y/N patted him on the shoulder to comfort him. "Who'Captainn T.B.D?" Dwayne asked. "To be determined, Dwayne," Y/N said, untying her skates and taking off her jersey. "Oh, I get it now. Wait, actually, I don't get it. That's your job, Charlie." Dwayne announced as everyone looked at Charlie as shook his head in disbelief.

The mighty ducks x reader x Luis Mendoza जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें