𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6

Ishan was sitting on the roof top where he spent the 19 years of his life. And when he left india he knew apart from his sister, he'd miss this place more than anything.

It was a safe bubble of comfort he never wanted to leave but he did. He chose to get away for his betterment and for his family too.

He didn't realize it was already two hours he spent sitting in his comfort place after a long time and he asked everyone to leave him alone. But privacy wasn't really a thing in indian familes.

His phone buzzed inside his pocket and he reached out , bringing it out. Ashi's name flashed on his screen and irritation flared across his chest. He wasn't in a mood to bear    her Overdramatic reactions to everything.

But still, he picked her call up and pressed the phone to his ear.

"Hey? Where are you? You left me alone here?" She sounded a bit sad about ishan leaving her alone with people she barely knew.

"Yeah.. I'm on the roof top, come up"

That was an impulsive decision he made. He never willingly invited anyone in his space except isha who forcefully interrupted him sometimes. But ishan called her up since it was kind of his fault that he left her alone.

He heard shuffling behind him a few minutes later and on turning around he sees ashi in her oversized sweat shirt and loose pajamas with her hair in beautiful blackish-brown waves.

"You idiot! It was so awkward down there. I hate you for that! " She said breathlessly walking towards the edge of the building ishan was sitting with his legs dangling down.

"I just need space" Four words for so many of her.

She sat beside ishan and took support of his shoulder. Electricity buzzed in between them on the touch even there were layers of clothes between them.

"So this was the place little ishan used to sit all night" Ashi looked around the place and only a sky covers with tiny sparkling dots of stars were visible besides the beautiful skyline of the commercial area nearby.

Ishan turned around to see her in surprise. How did she know this already? The question popped up in his mind. Ashi turned around to look at him too with a small endearing smile on her face.

"Isha told me that this is where you spent your nights"

He figured that out since he was seeing isha and ashi bonding and laughing together while showing each other something in their phones.

He just nodded in agreement. He didn't utter a word and he was happy enjoying silence, looking at ashi's eyes glimmer under direct moonlight until she started speaking.

"You know when I was a kid, my mom used to tell me there will be a time when you will just sit in silence and gaze at the sky with your lover and you'll find peace in it" She trailed off telling him the random stuff he ever imagined to listen.

"Is this your favorite place?" She beamed at him with a big smile causing his gaze to drop to her lips.

"Yes" He said and looked away, shaking away all the weird thoughts.

"You know when I was small I used to dream about sitting like this with shahrukh khan beside me." Ashi continued speaking about her love for the superstar and how she used to collect posters of him.

"I want to recreate all of his movie scenes and you know I want to have that kind of love. Shahrukh and kajol kind of love. I was so heartbroken when I got to know thehy aren't married you know" She laughed at herself and  ishan continued with his staring game, listening to each and every word uttered by her ever so intently.