32; Power Over Me.

NPF Headquaters, Abuja.

"This way, Ma'am." Directed the woman that was there to guide Inaya to her destination. Her lips were stretched into a small, warm smile while her hand was stretched out in the direction of where they are headed to.

Inaya offered her a curt nod, following behind her quietly as the woman led them to the office. The corner of her eyes gave the place a onceover, as if trying to imprint everything in her mind in case a need for it will come up eventually.

Her expression was guarded, not giving away a single hint of what she's feeling internally. Though it doesn't show, she was a mess internally considering the rollercoaster of emotions she was feeling then. It has been that way since the minute she received the message that brought her there. Truth be told, she had contemplated quite a lot whether to actually make an appearance or ignore it.

However, the person isn't someone she would just ignore, at least, not with her having some sort of emotional attachment to him—one which she couldn't fight against. And that's how she found herself in the Police HQ to meet a man she has never crossed paths with before until now.

Regardless of them never meeting though, it's certain without an iota of doubt that they know way too much about each other. After all, they are two pretty influential people pinned against each other. Obviously, they've both done enough research on each other.

"The Inspector General is waiting for inside." Announced the woman whom Inaya concluded to be his Secretary as they came to a stop in front of the double doors without a doubt belonging to the man at the helm of the Nigerian Police Force.

Inaya took in a sharp breath, her chin tilted upwards slightly before she gave her a nod. "Okay." She cleared her throat to make it come out strong. "Thank you."

The woman simply offered her a small smile before she turned around and left Inaya alone to fend for herself from then onward. There was no one else in the hallway, she was all alone.

She didn't allow that to bother her though. Instead, she took in another sharp breath before taking a hold of the handle and pushing it without any hesitation whatsoever. She didn't exactly have much expectation of his workspace aside from it being lavish—and if not that she has other matters in mind, she would've taken her time to appreciate the décor.

Her gaze instantly fell on the man standing by the window, the back to her. However, the minute he heard the door open, he turned around—their gazes meeting.

Inaya had always been aware of that fact, but when her eyes feel on Aadil's father, the breath in her nearly got kicked out. The resemblance between them is uncanny; safe to say, Aadil is a split image of his old man—only much younger.

There was something else they have in common though—the power they both exude from a glance. That was something she didn't miss, and though she tried to hide it as well, she felt slightly intimidated by this man and he hadn't done anything aside from stare at her with cold eyes.

Truth be told, it has to be the fact that he is the father of the man she whole heartedly loves, hence why she is nervous. It wasn't because of the position he holds out there, but that he holds in his family as the head—as someone whose family she desperately wants to be part of.

She was cut short out of the moment when his voice came; deep, and authoritative as expected. "Take a seat, Miss Inaya." He gestured to the glistening posh leather couches amidst the spaced office.

She nodded, and moved to do as asked while he did the same, taking a seat on the couch at the helm while she took the one to his left—keeping her expression guarded as well. Regardless of how intimidated she actually feels; she didn't want to let him see it.