35; Finale: De Una Vez.

Final chapter yall🤭

Horizon General Hospital, Abuja.

Aadil could vividly remember when he got the call.

It was during yet another torturous family dinner he was forced to attend as it was a tradition started by his late mother. Of course, he had missed some when she was still alive considered he had work in another state and simply travelling all the way back every week for a dinner no one was interested in simply wasn't doable.

However, when he was in town, as well as Aahil, she made it a tradition even her husband abides by weirdly enough.

Even after her death, the older man still held up the tradition much to everyone's surprise. Of course, it no longer felt the same when in the chair she used to sit, Anita, a woman who was one of the causes of his mother's misery occupies. And beside her, a teenager of fourteen years with striking uncanny resemblance to her mother sits.

At the helm, his father, a man he would rather not see unless when extremely necessary-most preferably, for work, occupies the position while he sat to his left. From afar, the perfect family of the Bashir Karis consisting of the prominent, perfect citizen example of a righteous person and leader, Inspector General Bashir Kari; rumored to plan on joining politics after his retirement in the upcoming years.

And then, there's his wife, Anita Collins; the woman who stood perfectly his side and filled in that empty spot in his life after the untimely death of his late wife, may her soul rest in peace.

Additionally, the infamous Aadil Bashir Kari, top member at Nigeria's leading private Forces. He pretty much has a reputation of his own that stood stark by his father's side, giving the portrait of the perfect family, an example to others.

His fourteen-year-old sibling hidden from the world under the guise of Anita's daughter, and Bashir Kari's adoptive daughter having married her mother.

Aahil on the other hand never bothered to even step foot in the house since the demise of his aunt. He didn't see a need for it, not in the slightest. He never got along with Aadil's father anyway, it was a mutual, unvoiced agreement they still held up after the death of the one woman that linked them. So, his usual spot was coldly empty, as it had been for the for the past four years.

The sound of Aadil's phone ringing, as it had been for the past five minutes. He had checked the first few times, and when a number simply flashed across the screen, he ignored it. The same number called a few times after, giving him the impression of it being an emergency, but he ignored it.

He never answers calls from numbers he doesn't know, much more not when it comes through his personal number. If it was his work number, he would've answered by his personal number? Only a handful of people have it-not to mention, he's extremely sensitive when it comes to people invading his personal space.

A slight sight of frustration left past his lips, as the phone call earned the attention of the three others sitting along with him-including the older man who pretended to be unaware but is actually is.

Aadil dropped his fork carefully back, before checking the caller ID again. Yet again, it was the same number from before. Huffing out an annoyed breath, he slid the answer button and brought the phone to his ear. "Hello?" He grumbled out, already losing interest in his unfinished food.

He hoped the call would get him out of that tense filled dinner, he had hoping for a way out anyway. And, it came. Just not in the way he actually wanted.

"Hello, am I speaking to...Aadil please?" Came an unfamiliar voice at the other end.

Aadil's brows drew in, racking his brain in an attempt to see if he can remember hearing the voice somewhere before. "Yes...and this is?" The next few words he heard sounded gibberish to him at first, until it fully registered.