02

"Are you ready?" Lily spoke from the other side of the phone.

Well,no. Obviously.

"sleeping."Mays voice cracked. She fell asleep immediately after the quick shower she had.

"No way! You better be ready in ten minutes-"Lily got interrupted because her friend ended the call. She was too energetic and May couldn't handle it. She hadn't opened her eyes yet.

[...]
"...
You can dance
You can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Digging the dancing queen..."

"You're a teaser, you turn 'em on-"May sang with a glass of her favorite cocktail in her hand.

"Leave 'em burning and then you're gone..."Lily sang along. "...I don't remember the lyrics, I think I must be drunk,but still need another drink~" she continued in rhythm. "May! Do you need an other drink?"

"No, I'm good. I think you don't need it either"May smiled seeing her friend rolling her eyes.

"Oh, come on!" Lily walked away,before she smiles to herself. 

May looked around her with a small smile on her face. They really are in Italy. She didn't believe they would actually make it since they're so bad at making plans to do something. They can't even decide what to do on a regular day.

"Voglio ballare?"Someone said in her ear, making her flinch. She turned her head and saw a man around her age smiling down at her.

"Excuse me?"she smiled back because she didn't understand what he said.

"Wanna dance?"he laughed. "You have only been sitting and singing. Dai!"

"I am really bad at dancing, I'm sorry"she bit her bottom lip embarrassed. "Ah, you can dance with her instead. She's good-"she chuckled seeing Lily approaching.

"Got you one"Lily placed a shot in front of May. "It's strong. And you are?"she then looked at the man, frowning in confusion.

"Francesco"the man introduced himself.

"He wants to dance"May added. "Oh!"Lilys expression changed. "Wanna dance with me? She's terrible at it and I have no one to dance with-"

"Dude"May rolled her eyes but then laughed. "Just go, I'll be here watching and admiring"

"Don't be sarcastic"Lily squints her eyes but May just blows a kiss at her as an answer.

The beach bar was surrounded by young people mostly. Some middle aged couples here and there, a bride with her friends having a bachelorette party, a family of four where dad had his two young daughters in his arms, spinning them around to the rhythm of the music. The atmosphere was nice. The weather was perfect. Everything was just great.

I wonder what the water feels like at this hour...May thought, getting up. She walked for about five minutes to a place not far from where the beach bar was. A part of the beach with no lights around, only the moon. It was magical thanks to the view, soft music coming from the party and the sound of the waves.
She went close to the shore and removed her dress and sandals. She placed a foot in the water and when she realized it was warm enough to swim, she walked a bit further until water reached her waist.
When she laid back and started floating she noticed how clear the sky was. The city lights were not bright enough to hide the stars like they do back home and the view was great.

"Hey!"she heard in distance but didn't pay attention. "Hey! Get out!"she heard again and lifted her head. Someone was at the shore waving at her.

"What?"she raised her voice. She got an answer but it felt like the person was mumbling so she decided to go closer. "What?"she was finally somewhere that she could stand on her feet but decided not to.