10

It's raining like crazy today and I kind of like it. I like the sound of the rain, hitting my window. I spend all day in bed and I don't regret a thing. My whole body is in pain and the only reason I'd get out of bed would be to use the bathroom. "So, what happened yesterday guys? Did you have fun?"Pams voice echoed in my room. Kelly called earlier and put me on speaker so her mother can be included in our conversation too.
I had so many questions about yesterday. She doesn't know Matt, how did we end up in his car? "Where did you guys go? I didn't have the chance to say bye."I hug my pillow.
"We were waiting at the garage with one of Alex's teammates and they said they'd wait for you instead. What was his name again?-" "Matt" Kelly was heard from the back. "But why?"
"I thought that it would be a good idea to ride his car since we were going to the same place."Kelly was now closer.
"We could've gone with any other player."
"He was the one who came to the garage with Alex."
"Did you guys talk?"Pam questioned. "He seemed to remember you."
"We didn't talk. It was awkward and he is one of the reasons I didn't want to come at Ben's."I mumble. "Where did you go by the way? You were not there for like...more than an hour."
"Where were you?"Pam asks.
"Blake came."
"May, did you finally see him?"
"No Pam...and I start to wonder if there really is a Blake guy."
"Shut up May"Kelly laughed, "I'll take a shower and come over. I'll cook."
"Then please hurry up, because I'm starving." I say as I stretch my legs.
"Oh, by the way. I gave your number to the cute guy. He seemed to like you-"
"What cute guy?"I frown.
"Isaiah, he'll text you after the hangover probably"
"Why would you do that Kell,"
"I was drunk and he asked nicely, I'm sorry."
"Unbelievable."I get up. "Now you have bring me a cake."
"Anything for you baby, now I gotta go. See you!"
"Bye-"I end the call,looking at the time. I need a  shower too.

Author

"Why the long face?"Matt asked his friend after taking a seat on the couch. Isaiah had just gotten out of the shower, with a towel hanging from his shoulder. He had his phone in his hand and seemed to be typing.

"I don't know what to text her. I can't think of anything."The man looked Matt. "Who?"he tilted his head in curiosity.
"May."Isaiah started biting the skin of his thumb.
"She gave you her number?"
"Her friend did."
"Did it cross your mind that she didn't give it to you for a reason? She probably didn't want you to text her."Matt took his phone in his hand,going through instagram. He went to Alex's account and tapped on the latest photo the man had posted. It was his sister,mom and May. He had the three of them hold a puck each, with the caption 'pucks for the three prettiest in the house'. He tagged May.
"I think she was playing hard to get."Isaiah smiled. "Yesterday she acted lost in front of our locker room."
"She didn't act,dumbass. That's childish."Matt now looked at his friend.
"So, you're telling me she wasn't there on purpose."Isaiah rolled his eyes. "Maybe she wanted to get lucky."
"Or maybe she really got lost. It was her first time in the arena anyways."
"How do you know? Your friend Alex told you?"
"He is not my friend and no, she told me. Stop being a creep and leave her alone."
"Why leave her alone, she is fun."Isaiah got up. "I saw you getting lucky last night too. Did you get that girls number?"

"What girl?"
"The one that was all over you at Ben's. Don't think we didn't see you guys."he winked.
"Who saw us?"
"Everyone. You were busy with her so May gave your jacket to me. It's in my car if you need it."Isaiah walked away, leaving Matt alone. "Ah,"his head appeared from behind the door frame. "And don't think I forgot about yesterday. We need to talk."
"You broke my stick."
"Well, you deserved it."Matt heard and shook his head.
He looked at his phone screen again and tapped on Mays profile that was tagged in Alex's picture.
Her account was public. She only has a few posts but she somehow has a lot followers. Not as many as he does, but they were more than enough for a not so active account like hers. As he was scrolling down he came across a picture of the girl in the black dress she wore to the wedding. 'Italy photo dump❤️' was the caption, making Matt swipe to take a look at the rest photos, as he was now more curious than earlier. One of picture was Mays hand, holding the ice cream cup Matt got her for her birthday, and the chain she gave him on her wrist. He frowned and moved his eyes from the phone screen to his empty now wrist. He didn't have it anymore.