04

I woke up early today,even though I fell asleep late. The wedding is in two hours and I'm already done with my hair and make up. I didn't do anything extreme on my hair and just straightened it because I will be wearing a backless dress today, so I want my hair to cover some part of my back. I went to Lily's room earlier and took her black high heel sandals to match with the dress and also got her silver clutch to put my phone and everything I need in it.
The dress I will be wearing is really pretty. I searched for one online and went to the mall nearby to get it. It's a simple mermaid maxi dress, with a v neck and adjustable stripes. It also has an open back and a knot above the small bum ruching.

I started getting dressed because I don't know what time Matt wants to get there and I don't want him to be late because of me.
What the hell May?
You are attending a strangers wedding with a stranger.
But Lily will not wake up any time soon, and it's just a wedding. What better do I have to do? Stay in my room? Matt and I will just hang out.

I started putting everything away and cleaned up the mess I made. I checked my make up before putting my phone, lipstick and powder in the clutch. "Now, earring-"I walked to my suitcase. I took my earrings out of a small box I had them in and went in front of the mirror to put them on. Before putting them on, I heard knocks on the door.

Could it be Matt? But it's early.
I walked to the door and opened it slowly, seeing Matt standing behind it. He was in all black. I know that's the dress code but even his belt is black. "Hey"I opened the door more to let him in.
He looks good.

"Hi"he put his hand in his pocket.

"Come in"I smiled big. Smiled big? Why my ears feel warm?

"So, you're coming."He took off his jacket. Even his shirt is black. Not fully buttoned and his sleeves are rolled up. His hair is nicely done and his shoes are shining. Wait...is this Hugo Boss?

"Yeah... I don't have anything more interesting to do today so,I'll hang out with you. At the wedding."I said, putting my earrings on. "I bought this dress today. I searched online and I was lucky it was at the store."

"You bought shoes too?"he smiled.

"No, I took Lily's because we are the same size. I didn't have time to search for shoes. I didn't have time to do my hair, better make up-"I said, putting Lily's high heel sandals on.

"That's fine. You look good."he smiled. "But you didn't have to buy a dress. I shouldn't have asked you such thing nor ask you to come to the wedding. I realized what I asked was stupid. I literally asked to use you."he got up. Why does it feel weird? Is he telling me to not go anymore?

"You asked to hang out before you invite me to the wedding. I told you to go to the wedding instead and you asked me to come with you, right?I'll pretend you asked me that because you like my company and because I still think I happen to be the best surprise this trip had for you. Don't feel like you're using me because if you wanted to use me, you'd find other ways to do it." I got up. "I will not come if you don't want me to-"

"I want you to come."Matt copied my move, taking his jacket in his hand. "I just don't want you to think I'm using you for Jess-"

"If that makes you feel better, use me. It's just for a few hours and we don't even know each other. We might never meet again so..."I started walking. "Wait,"I stopped without a warning, making him bump on me. "Shit-"

"Fuck I'm sorry-got you"the man quickly prevented me from hitting the floor by pulling me on him. "What was that?"he laughed,smiling big.

"Just wanted to ask,what if they ask why a stranger is at the wedding?I want to know in case you leave me alone and they ask, what to say."