𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄

"Darling

"Darling..."

Amane pulled a strand of hair away from the face of his sleeping fiancee. A smile curled up on his visuals to lean in and whisper on her ear. "Wake up..." He gently shook her shoulders to wake her up. Y/n groggily opened her eyes, then rubbing them a little. She turned her head back to see Amane grinning at her. "Good morning my love..."

Y/n smiled. "Good morning too, Amane." She said.

Amane hugged her waist and buried his head on the crook of her neck. "Do you know what today is?" He asked. Y/n adjusted her position by facing her soon-to-be husband. Amane stroked her cheek, looking at her with a soft yet loving gaze. This woman, right in front of him, is the one he was going to marry.

"Today is the day of our wedding~"

Right, today is finally the day of their wedding—a special day for the two of them. After all those years of wishing and dreaming where they get married, it's going to happen later, they're now few hours away from that. "We've come so far, you know." Y/n tenderly wrapped her hands around his large ones. To think that Amane would be spending the rest of his life being with her, it was a bliss. "I can't wait to be your wife."

Amane took her hand and softly kissed the back of it. "I can't wait to be your husband, either~" He said, making Y/n blush as her eyes averting to the other way. No matter how many years they have been together, Amane can make her blush with no fail. "Is my future wife flustered?~"

"Yeah..." Amane snickered at her reply. A teasing husband and a blushing wife, a perfect combination and a lovely trope. Amane hovered on top of her, leaning down to pepper kisses on her lips. Y/n giggled at his kisses as Amane lifted his head up. "I love you..." She whispered while giving him a soft kiss on his lips. Amane's eyes widened, his cheeks grew red all of a sudden. Usually he's the first one to say that to her but when she said it first, he would often turn into a red mess.

"I love you too..." He mumbled shyly. Amane's amber eyes glistened like how he would look at the moon and stars yet his gaze locked with her eyes. Amane let out a breath and cupped her left cheek. "You're so pretty..." He adored her from the start, ever since they became friends when he was a ghost in a past life. Hanako may have been wishing for the impossible, he knew what they had won't last forever, he won't be able to grow old with her as much as he wanted to.

Hanako knew his duties are supposed to maintain the borders between the near shore and the far shore, appoint the supernaturals that wreak havoc and to atone for his sins. It was a rinse and repeat motion until everything changed when Y/n appeared. She cut him off from the strings that was holding him back, reeled him out of the dark to remind him how it feels like to be alive once again.

So he sacrificed everything for Y/n to have a future, then the Life Maker divined him with a second life, a chance to be with Y/n. Amane was already contented with this second life of his and he will spend every second with the love of his life, and finally he is going to marry her. "We have to get up now, or we're going to be late for our wedding." Y/n rose up from her bed and stretched her arms but Amane hugged her waist and pulled her down to the bed, pouting as a sign that he didn't want to get up yet. "Amane...you're the one who woke me up..."