SEVENTEEN

Grace

Xavier.

He was a secretive man. But anyone would be when they're a wanted man. He kept a lot of things under wraps, a lot of things we needed to find out about before we had probable cause for arrest.

One of the main things was his place of residence, he had many properties in his name. He was always spotted headed into various places but we all knew he had to have one main home.

One place where he was safe, somewhere no one knew about. It was hard to find that place without being spotted by one of his men, everyone in his circle was loyal. So loyal they would die for him. There was no way of knowing what was really happening without an insider. I was now that person.

I sat in his Aston Martin, I filled the car with the smell of beer. But he didn't seem to care, his hand rested on my thigh. His eyes on the road and one hand on the wheel, we had driven just outside of the city. All the properties we knew about were inside the city, so this was strange.

It was only when he pulled up, to some random cabin. I look over to him with concern plastered across my face. Was I about to be exposed?

"Don't look so scared, Doclezza" He smirks, I watch as his hand flicks a button. The door to the old cabin opens, I watch as he drives into the cabin.

As we enter it was clear this wasn't a random cabin, to the left of me there was another car. It was a black SUV, it looked bullet proof like a FBI car. Xavier shuts the engine off before he opens the door, I stay sat down. I didn't know if I was suppose to move, I feel Xavier move round to my side of the car.

He opens the door and holds his hand out for me to take.

"Where the hell are we?" I ask, I was hesitant as he has a smirk across his face. He locks away the key for the car we were just in, he places it into a safe as he collects another key.

"We're going to my place" He says quietly, I just stand around waiting for my instructions. I didn't want to step a foot out of line; I couldn't risk being found out. "All of this, it's a precaution"

"For what?" I ask, I knew why. But I had to act innocent.

Allie knew what Xavier did. But Grace had no idea. I had to continue to play dumb, like the innocent little girl who had no idea who he truly was. Of course I know he's a terrible person, I know he did all these bad things. But the more time I spent with him, the harder it became to remember all the bad.

"FBI are hot on my tail, I can't have them knowing where me and Momma live" He says quickly, he opens the car door for me. I step into the car with a feeling of guilt in my stomach.

He lives with his mother; that's why he was so secretive about where he lived. He was protecting his mom. I was really starting to feel awful about my role, I couldn't be the woman that puts away a man that cares so deeply for his mother. This was all for her, all the secret this was why.

The drive lasted another hour, we arrived in the middle of no where. At a huge metal gate, I was sat uncomfortably. The entire way I couldn't get the idea of him off my mind; the way I could ruin his life. It took one second for me too, he would loose it all.

I watch as the gate opens, we drive up the long driveway. At the top of the driveway laid a huge house, I had never seen one so big before. It was a real mansion, it had pillars and was everything.

It was like a dream, like a movie. I had seen many houses like this in movies, but never in real life. I had never known anyone to actually live in a house like this. I was still in shock, this man next to me he wanted me. I was pretty sure anyways, I didn't know if I was a number anymore; what man would let me sit in his brand new SUV covered in beer.