TWENTY-ONE

Xavier

"So you shot him!" I hear the squeal of Rosa's piercing voice. I roll my eyes as I head over to the pantry, I grab out a bottle of bourbon I had hidden there. Whenever I was with Rosa she made me need a drink, her voice went all the way through me.

She always had something to say, it was usually about my life. Her life was boring, so of course she had to be involved in mine.

Angelo meant nothing to her, she hadn't spoken to him in years. But she wanted an argument, therefore she decided to perk up. Ever since Sam had become more involved, I was the number one target of her anger. Sam had stood up to Rosa, he had told her he wanted to be involved. We still hadn't got Marcus back, it was looking less likely by the day.

That was also my fault.

Rosa was in love with Marcus, even if she didn't want to admit it. It was clear, she had been a major bitch ever since he had been taken. The Russos hadn't asked for much from us, they just wanted revenge.

"He touched her" I mumble as I go to take a sip from my glass. Before it even touches my lips, I watch Rosa raise her hand. She slaps the glass from my grip; as it lands on the floor and smashes into a million pieces. "What the fuck is your problem?" I roll my eyes as I look down at her, she had fury plastered across her face.

"You are my problem" Her hands land on her hips. "He is your flesh and blood and you killed him. For some woman"

"She is not just some woman" I shoot back with no hesitation.

Since I had opened up to Grace, it had caused more feelings to grow. I was really falling for Grace, it was bad but I trusted her. The way she took the information, the fact I had killed before yes she was shocked and scared. But she didn't seem too pull back from me. I took her home that night, she slept on my chest as I watched her sleep. I couldn't sleep that night, the men had cleaned up the body.

Angelo was no longer a problem anymore. He wouldn't touch her again, neither would anyone else.

"Aww are you in love" Rosa teases as she pouts, her hand pushing my shoulder back playfully. I didn't say a word, I didn't want to admit anything especially to her. "Oh my god"

Rosa takes a step back as she reads the look on my face. I just run my hand along my jawline, I didn't want to admit anything. She had a bigger mouth than most, if I said anything she would tell everyone. If Mommà found out it may send her into a spiral. My mother worried for Graces safety, she always told me the stories of how my father put her at risk. She is one of the most kind women, she doesn't want any women to be at risk like she was and still is.

"Xavier, have you fallen for her?" Rosa asks me, her eyebrow cocks. Her arms over her chest, I hadn't ever admitted to anyone out loud that I was falling for her. If I admitted it, then people would be involved. I wanted to keep her to myself.

"It's not really any of your business" I turn my body, I begin to walk out of the room, but the feel of something bouncing off my head stops me. I turn my head back around, I see her holding a bread roll. My eyes dart to the floor where I see another piece of bread. "Did you throw bread at me?"

She throws the piece in her hand at me, it bounces off my chest. I frown at her stupid attempt to stop me, she was the biggest annoyance in my life.

I was becoming weak, I knew that. My entire life I had been told not to fall in love, I had my fair share of women. Not one of them made me fall for them, but Grace. She didn't even have to try, I fell so hard I had bruises.

"Yes! I threw bread at you" She scoffs, Rosa walks towards me. Her hand comes up to my chest, she straightens my shirt. "Xavier if you love her, go for it" She smiles.