IX

"Where are you taking me?" Quinn muttered.

"None of your business. Shut up and walk." Quinn rolled her eyes continued forward. She didn't bother asking him anything else. He clearly had no intentions of answering.

"Headed towards base fourteen with one female." The solider spoke into a walkie. Quinn brow rose and she smiled.

"Not gonna tell them who I am?"

"Not everybody knows about you. Isaac wants it that way so I suggest you keep it that way if you want to live."

"Whatever." She scuffed. I guess she could consider herself lucky. Any other solider who didn't know she was Isaac's daughter would've just shot her as soon as the words saying so escaped her mouth.

"Hey I'm just doing my job oka-" The solider was cut off mid sentence. His body dropped on the floor. Filled with adrenaline Her eyes landed on the soldier's  head. A bullet hole right in between his eyes.

"Fuck." She ran behind cover immediately. Her eyes scanned the area in fear.

"Shit. The keys." Quinn looks at the soldiers dead body. The girl slid her hands underneath her butt to get her hands in front of her and sighed.

"Luck be on my side." Quinn nervously walked into the open again. Her eyes looked around nervously before she got on her knees to search the body.

"Done don't move." A voice called out and she jumped.

"Don't shoot please." Her voice quivered.

"Quinn?" The voice questioned and she looked up.

"Jesse? What are you doing here?"

"Dina kept worrying so I came. I almost shot you." Quinn looked down at the dead guard and laughed.

"Thank god you didn't. You're a good shot."
Quinn paused. "Help me look for the keys."

"Oh yeah sorry." Jesse dug in the pockets of the now dead guard and found the keys.

"Here let me do it." Jesse grabbed her hands and she thanked him.

"Come on they'll be looking for us." Quinn stood up twisting her wrist.

"He didn't have to put them on so tight. Fucker." Quinn kicks the dead body.

"Quinn where's Ellie?" Jesse asked worried and the raven haired girl stopped.

"We got separated." She frowned. "I'm going back to the theater, wait for her there. Maybe she'll come back."

"Shit. Okay. I hope she's okay." Jesse mumbled.

"Me too." Quinn bit her lip. She closed her eyes and all she could see was Ellie. Her face full of fear before running away.

"She has too." Quinn spoke in a whimper. "Come on, I found a parking lot earlier with a bunch of cars. Maybe we could Hotwire one."

"Okay." Quinn practically dragged her feet the whole way. Without Ellie by her side she worried for her every second. She knew the girl to be impulsive and she hoped she hadn't continued the journey alone. She also hoped Ellie cared for her enough to come back for her.

"Fuck yeah. That's what I'm talking about. Get in." Jesse cheered as the engine of the pickup truck rumbled loudly.

"Nice ride." Quinn mocked as she looked at the missing passengers door.

"Thanks." He went along with the joke and Quinn shook her head before getting in. "Let's get the fuck out of here."

"Sooo..." Jess was the first to speak. "How are you doing?"