XVIII

It had been three long years since the WLF nearly destroyed Jackson. The community got together to make their town back to what it used to be. The only thing that remained unfixed was the small little theater. No longer able to play movies because of all the equipment that got destroyed with the explosion. That and Maria hadn't bothered with sending people out on supply runs to replace the broken equipment.

With Tommy gone she had no reason to enjoy the movies or so she thought. "This is a bad idea. She's gonna say no."

"Ellie it's okay. We've gotta get her out of the house somehow." As they made conversation the door in-front of them slowly opened.

"Ellie? Quinn? How are you guys doing? Come in." Maria wore her usual strong smile. The one that said she wasn't truly happy. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"We just wanted to see you." Quinn sat on the comfy couch and Maria let out a chuckle. "I know you two too well...you never stop by together unless you're gonna ask for something."

Ellie scratched the back of her head embarrassed while Quinn simply shrugged with a smile. "Touché."

"So?"

"Me and Ellie were thinking....and I think we should revamp the theater. Life around here has been hard and what better way to reward the people than to bring back movies. Everyone loved movie night."  Maria's brows furrowed for a bit, her gaze disappearing off into the distance as if looking deep into a distant memory. Different emotions made themselves visible in her face. Finally an emotion they hadn't seen in a while settled.

"That sounds like a good idea. We can go out to the one theater from last time see if there's any working equipment left there."

"Great! You can leave it up to us." Quinn turned to smile at Ellie. Truth was they had already found the equipment needed they just hadn't had the guts to ask Maria if it was okay to bring the theater back. People in the community had asked but she always denied. Saying it wasn't important. "We won't disappoint that's a promise."

"I'll be the judge of that."

The two girls went on a "supply run" for a little while. Fooling around something Ellie thought she would never do again. Thanks to Quinn she was able to smile, laugh and cry. She was always there for the brunette no matter what. They thought each other how to live again.

"We should head back before it gets too dark."

"One more minute." Ellie pulls Quinn by the waist. Planting a sweet kiss on her lips. "You are being a bad influence."

"I thought you liked it when I'm bad."

"Stop being cheesy." Quinn rolls her eyes but Ellie knew she had her right where she wanted. As a small little smile started to creep up the raven haired girls lips, Ellie pulled her again.

"Just you wait till we get home." Quinn bit her lip playfully. Ellie's eyes glimmered with hunger finally letting Quinn free of her grasp. "Come on then. Let's go back."

"Oh now you wanna head back."

"Well when I have such a hot girlfriend threatening me with a good time of course I wanna get home."

"You vixen!" Quinn punches Ellie on the shoulder sending them both on a laughing fit.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•

"You guys actually did it." Maria seemed impressed. The thought that they could get absolutely all the equipment necessary all in one day was too good to be true and she was right to think so. Either way she didn't know the truth behind their small lie. "So what do you think?"

"I think luck was on your side alright. We can have it all set up in a few hours."

"Then surprise the people with movie night?" Ellie raised her brow in a questioning manner. Maria look at her skeptical and Quinn pleaded. "Please? We'll be quick so it won't be so late at night."

"Fine, the kids will love it."

"Yes JJ's first time at the movies. I'll go tell Dina." Ellie left excited forgetting Quinn behind. "Guess I'll have to hustle huh?"

"You two remind me so much of me and Tommy. Now I know what it was like for him. Me and my little endeavors." Maria smiled remembering the past. "I think I can be at peace finally."

"Maria..." Quinn looked up at the blonde. Tears forming in her eyes before she embraced her with a hug. "Thank you for being a leader. You and this community...that's all we have left. This what you've built its love."

"Don't you get all poetic on me now." Maria chuckled patting Quinn's hair. "You're like the daughter I could never have."

Quinn pulled away and looked up at her. The tears she'd been holding now came flowing out. "Thank you for taking me in."

"No need to thank me now come. We got a bit of work ahead of us. If only that girlfriend of yours hadn't left!"

"I'll make sure to give her an ear full when she comes back."

"Yeah you better."

Quinn wiped the lingering tears that started to dry on her cheeks with a chuckle. When she was almost done cleaning Ellie came back. Dina held JJ's hand to keep him from running around and Jesse waved.

"Ellie!" Quinn crossed her arm clearly faking her anger. Ellie's eyes widened noticing the difference in the theater and cowered towards her. "Babe...nice job?"

"Nice job!? You left me and Maria all the work."

"Forgive her, she's an idiot." Dina approaches the two leaning in for a side hug. "It's good to see you Dina."

"Good to see you too Quinn." Jesse stepped in as if to make it know he too was standing there. Quinn laughed and offered him a hug. "And you too Jesse."

"Hmm I remember a time when we were best friends I'm hurt."

"Oh get over yourself." Ellie bumped shoulders with him. "Look at us. Whole gang together again."

"I guess this is a nice time to give you guys the news...?" Dina looks up at Jesse causing Ellie and Quinn to look at each other then back at them.

"What?" Ellie broke the silence and they smiled. Quinn's eyes widened in realization. "Oh my god stay off her!!!"

"Im so excited." Dina giggled and Ellie looked at the group confused. "For gods sake El's she pregnant."

"Again!?"

"How do you feel about that little man? You're gonna be a big bro." Quinn bent to JJ's level and he hid behind Dina. "Still shy eh?"

"I know what will get him talking." Ellie dug in her pocket for a piece of candy and JJ immediately came from behind Dina's legs causing the group to laugh.

"Thank you." He swiftly snatched the candy. His voice squeaky and high pitched. "God he's so big."

"I know."

"So you guys staying in the farm?" Ellie questioned and they looked at each other again. "We're thinking of coming back. Since the farm is just two bedrooms."

"That and whether he admits it or not her misses you guys." Dina rolled her eyes with a teasing smile.

"Well what are waiting for let's go find the good seats before people start to show up." Ellie pulled on Quinn's sleeve like an excited child. They all sat down and slowly little by little the place became crowded by the citizens of Jackson. The whispering from the excitement slowly faded away as the movie started to play.

"I love you." Ellie whispered in Quinn's ear making her face heat up. "I love you too."

Never would either of them had thought they would feel so at peace. After all the went trough and fought for the could finally let happiness into their hearts all thanks to love.

A/N: the happy ending we all deserved 😭 I got extra sappy writing this because I'm so sad it's the end. I tried to write like a continuation following the game and Ellie leaving Quinn to find Abby again but it just wasn't working. Anyways thank you to those of you who've read this far and voted for this story. Hope you liked it. I'm currently working on a another fic I will soon release.