Chapter 0: And Then There Were Five (2/3)

Devan and his newfound friend, "Beast Boy", were both glad that the incident just a few minutes ago seemed to be over, and the duo had went for pizza to celebrate. As they enjoyed themselves, they took the opportunity to further elaborate on themselves, BB going first, and explaining his previous role in the Doom Patrol. After some time, Devan remarked with,

Devan: Hm, hm, well after going through all that, I can understand going vegan.

BB: That's what I keep saying! It's not the same eating what I can relate to, it just felt evil!

Devan: Hehe, yeah. Now then, now that we know each other a little better, how about I tell you about my handy friend here? This...

Devan slid back his left sleeve, revealing the red, gold and gray device on his wrist.

Devan: Is the Omegamatrix

BB: That's what lets you transform, what a wicked watch!

Devan: Just wait till you hear how it got here: It all started on a peaceful night...

(Several Years Ago)

Devan recalled the night his life changed forever. Before the watch, Devan lived a normal, yet lonely life. He graduated, got a steady job, had whatever he needed, but the one thing that never stuck with Devan Morgan was people. He knew a lot of people around Chicago, and he of course had simple friendships in school, but each one of them slowly left as time went on.

This meant that he spent almost all of his time alone, it was just another aspect about him, but the lack of interaction makes this lifestyle three things: Simple, routine, and dreadfully boring. Even his camping trip was dull, not even the starry night sky brought any real joy, just the sinking feeling of repetition. But, just as this sinking feeling began to cement, he spotted a shooting star. Seeing the object flying by, he closed his eyes and said to himself,

Devan: I just wish something exciting would happen in my life, just once and a while...

He had almost fallen asleep while making his wish, but the young man was abruptly risen upon hearing a nearby sound. Was that a crash? An explosion perhaps, there was a thin pillar of smoke not too far from his campsite. He paused for a moment, unsure if he should investigate, but he went to his tent to retrieve something before stepping back out. Now with a can of bear mace and a large stick found on the ground, he'd be as ready as he could be for anything.

Deep in a heavily wooded area laid the crash site, but what he found within was unlike anything he'd seen, something he could only describe as a movie scenario.

What laid before Morgan was a metallic sphere, resembling a curled up insect. Devan carefully approached, tapping it with the branch before taking a step back. This...thing baffled Devan, not only because it didn't seem to be damaged, but the fact that the area wasn't even that hot, it made him wonder if this object crashed, or something sent it here purposely...