Chapter 1: Swapped

(Since it's Halloween I decided to do this episode first.)

The scene opens on a small stage curtain, illuminated by a spotlight. It opens, revealing a backdrop that depicts Titans Tower and the city proper behind it on the shore. A wooden marionette drops into view and hangs before this scene, painted to look like Devan in his costume, and the voice of the puppeteer speaks for it.

Omni-Puppet: Let's go, it's Hero Time!

The figure leaps across the stage, the camera panning to follow, then looks back the way it came. It is alone.

Omni-Puppet: ...Hey! What's up, guys??

On the opposite end were four additional puppets, one for each Titan, clustered in a heap. One by one, the operator spoke for them, making sure to have their appropriate inflections.

Puppet Raven: What's the point? There's no why we can defeat the Puppet King.

Puppet Starfire: Oh yes! He is much too clever and powerful, not to mention good-looking!

Puppet Cyborg: Maybe we should just give up now.

Puppet BB: Dudes, I think we already have...

The wooden Beast Boy gestured towards the camera, and they all fell limp once more. A moment afterwards, a short figure stepped into the dim light, revealing a crown, and military sash.

Puppet King: Bravo, bravo! You've been performing so well, little puppets, but I think we've had enough rehearsals. The show's about to begin...

As he gathered his puppets, he set the curtain aside, revealing a large wooden box hidden behind it, addressed for the Teen Titans.

(Titans Tower)

Raven: Azarath Metrion Zinthos...Azarath Metrion Zinthos...

Whenever she had the time, Raven would spend most of the day in deep meditation. This was something she did to control her power over magic, and therefore takes it seriously. In this particular session, she imagined herself in the void of space, levitating just over an asteroid, with her cloak gently flowing in the unusual "current" that bathed the pale girl.

Raven: Azarath Metrion Zinthos...Azarath Metrion Zinthos...A-

???: Raven?

The sudden lapse in concentration caused Raven's mental image to shatter, quite literally, as she was brought back into reality, or the "Ops Room" of the tower. Looking over her shoulder, it was revealed to have been the Tamoranean.

Starfire: Please forgive my interruption, but have you seen Devan?

Raven: No.

Starfire: Oh...

She turns to leave, but stops midway.

Starfire: Perhaps, you have seen Cyborg?

Raven: No.

Starfire: Beast Boy?

Raven: My eyes are closed, Starfire, I haven't seen anyone.

Starfire: I see, they must be doing the "Hanging Out" someplace. Hm, perhaps we could do it as well?

Raven: Oh my God, she's still talking to me...

Starfire: We never have before, and conceivably it could be fun. We might journey to the Mall of Shopping, or perform braiding maneuvers upon each other's hair, or...

She suddenly decided to pull back on that last word after looking at her friend's expression. If she was annoyed before, she is now absolutely ready to explode: eyes bugging out, black flames outlining her head, and face set in a fierce grimace. If frustration was a sentient being at this precise moment, it would call itself "Raven".