Chapter 15: Transformation

B.T.

Long ago, on a small blue planet called Earth...

there was a young alien girl who lived in a T

...there was a young alien girl who lived in a T.

She had many friends, was very powerful, and very brave. And although she never thought much of it, she was also very beautiful. Her life seemed entirely perfect...until one day...

Starfire: Huh?

Starfire: Huh?

A tentative poke at the bump makes it shiver slightly, as if it were filled with very cold pudding...ew.

She leans closer, pressing it against the glass, and moans worriedly; this is followed by a slow slide down the mirror and a little whine. She pushes down on the growth again and succeeds in flattening it. However, a relieved sigh is barely out of her mouth before it crops up again. Now, each time she tries to mash it down, it simply appears in another spot beneath her hairline. A few frantic prods put the thing out of sight, but only for a moment, as it comes right back to the center of her forehead.

(Like that SpongeBob episode where Squidward gets stung by a jellyfish and the bump moves across his head.)

Starfire now groans in frustration and pokes furiously at the protuberance, which shifts all over her head as fast as she can get her finger after it, and finally jams down the spot where it first cropped up. Now it has gone; a knock at the door draws her attention, and it swells forth and draws another groan from her. In the hall, Beast Boy is outside the bathroom, whining and doing the PP-Dance.

(Yes it's a Teen Titans Go! reference.)

Beast Boy: Starfire, hurry up! You've been in there for twenty minutes, and I'm not paper-trained!!

Starfire: One moment more, please!

He hops slowly toward the door, which opens when he is just short of the threshold. Starfire peeks out, showing her forehead back under control, but the bump asserts itself anew and she ducks back in, slamming the door. Beast Boy rushes, but an instant too late; he slams into it face first and tumbles backward, stopping himself from hitting the floor with a leg bent backward under his body.