1.2| ANCHOR

Edited: December 3, 2023

Now playing
Anchor by Navo Amor

"Fu-!"

-ck!" Elaine's eyes shot open, sitting up quickly. Her heart racing, hands trembling, heaving breathlessly. She let out a raspy sigh as she leaned against her headboard, hand grasping her shirt over her heart.

DING!

Her phone lit up; a bright light beamed for the item. She squinted her eyes as she reached for the device, seeing the group chat blow up.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(HISTORY GROUP)
-12:04 AM-

Glasses
Everyone okay?

Ginger
👍

Psycho
Lol that was close

Thing 1
Physically yes

Thing 2
Mentally no.

Psycho
Laine?

You
👋

Psycho
👋🙂

Beanstalk
Did anyone finish
the homework?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Elaine stared at her phone, reading each message. Her eye's widened slightly at the last message sent.
She quickly typed back, her heart still pounding.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
-12:05 AM-

You
We had
homework?

Ginger
Screw it.

Thing 1
^

Thing 2
^

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The ravenette plugged her phone back on the charger and pulled the covers off her body. She stood from her bed, feet touching soft carpeted floor of her bedroom. She walked downstairs to the kitchen for a glass of water.

Upon reaching the kitchen, she saw her father sitting at the island with the stove light brightening up the room, enough to see. "Dad?" The pounding at her chest slowed back down, seeing her father drink from a cup.

Wade turned in his seat, looking behind him where his daughter stood, a small smile crept onto his face.
"Hey, Gummy Bear. What are you doing up, it's midnight."

"I could ask you the same." Elaine walked around the island to the cabinet, grabbing a glass. Her feet patted against the tiled floor as she made her way to the fridge, filling up the cup.

The man rested his elbows on the counter, rubbing his eyes, "Work stuff." He sighed. "J.B. was unable to find the find the parts we need for this client, so I, as his boss, have to find the parts that are all unavailable in our area and unavailable in our warehouse." He ranted, closing his laptop.

Elaine sat in the stool next to him, sitting the laptop in front of her and opened up a new browser. "Well, why are you only looking in our area?" She typed and slid the computer back, with a bunch of links left for her father to search through. "This isn't the only place in the world. You of all people should know that."

The ravenette's both yawned at the same time. "Night, dad." She walked back up the stairs to her bedroom, cup in hand.

"Night, Bear. You're the best." Wade chuckled, closing his computer for the night and went off to bed as well.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
-12:23 AM-

You
Someone did the
homework, right?

-12:37 AM-

Psycho
I'll give you the answers.
Read.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━