1.6| PAIN

Edited: December 3, 2023

Now playing
Pain by PinkPantheress

Seven desks clustered together into a circle, seating the Hernandez's, the Clarks, Logan, Ashlyn, and Elaine. The ravenette sat in between Taylor and Ashlyn.

"Our main focus this semester will be the history of Georgia's oldest city, Savannah." Mr. Thomas stated. "This is also what your project will be about and the topics you'll choose to present on are stated in your rubric. Additionally there is an overnight field trip to go along with the project!" He announced, receiving silent cheers from some students.

Meanwhile, Elaine tuned out what the teacher had to say, knowing that he was most likely going to send out an email. She laid her head on her desk, falling asleep for the next twenty five minutes.

Ding!

A notification popped up on Elaine's phone, showing she got a message from Ashlyn.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(GINGER)

-4:18 PM-

Ginger
Here's the numbers for everyone
in our group

Tyler:XXX-XXX-XXXX
Taylor:XXX-XXX-XXXX
Ben:XXX-XXX-XXXX
AidenXXX-XXX-XXXX
Logan:XXX-XXX-XXXX

-4:19 PM-

You
Thanks

Ginger
I gave them your number already,
we added you to a group chat with
everyone in it

You
Alright, thank you
read

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Socket wrench." Wade said with his hand out from under the vehicle. "Socket wrench. Bear?" He rolled out from under the truck he was working on, "Who are you texting?"

"Oh, sorry." Elaine handed him the socket wrench, "Just Ashlyn giving me the numbers of everyone in our history group." She pocketed her phone.

"History group? Like for a project?" He wondered and she nodded. "Projects already, wow. The year just started." The man laughed. "How is Ashlyn doing, anyway?"

"Mhm." The girl hummed. "Good."

"Laine!" She turned her head to see who was calling her name, only for it to be Aiden and his cousin, Ben, standing beside him across the street.

Elaine put her face in her hands, "God, please, no." She groaned.

"Some of your partners?" "Sadly..yes."

Wade chuckled, watching the two teens run up the driveway. "Laine. You forgot to get a form earlier." Aiden said with a smile as he and Ben stood next to the truck. "You and Ash did." He handed her a pink paper.

"Thanks..." She took the paper from his hand and passed it to her dad.

"Overnight field trip to Savannah." Wade read off. "You wanna go?" Elaine was hesitant but nodded, "Okay." He grabbed his pen from his belt and pressed the paper down on his knee to sign his signature.

"Im Aiden and this is my cousin Ben." The blond introduced himself to the man, holding his hand out.

He smiled, "Wade." The two shook hands.

"We already got Ash on board. Took very little convincing." Aiden smiled.

"Well sorry to cut this short but I'm kinda busy..." Elaine glared at the blond, twisting the top on the oil gallon.

'I regret everything.'

"Alright, everyone start filing onto the bus." Mr. Thomas announced, "We're getting ready to leave for Savannah in T minus five!"