3.15| MASCARA

Edited: December 3, 2023

Now playing
Mascara by Deftones

"See? They're busy too." The girl said tiredly, "Even with what's happening, we can't just neglect school and our futures. You need basketball, let's just wait till tonight-"

"We aren't going to have a 'future' if we're all dead!" Tyler gritted his teeth, arms folded on the table.

Elaine rolled her eyes at the male next to her, "It's not just our future." She sighed, "If we drop everything to focus on a fantasy-type world, we can't prove, we're going to end up in a fucking psych ward." She said lowly, glaring into the side of the male's head.

Ashlyn nodded, agreeing with her statement. "Do you think that's going to make it easier for all of us to have meetings during the day?" She asked, sarcasm in her tone. "Hell, it would make it harder than it already is."

"She's gotta point, y'know." Aiden said, agreeing with the 'psych ward' statement. "Generally we're what people would call 'crazy'" He made circles with his finger.

Tyler stood, tray in hand. "Whatever." He started to stomp away but turning back to grab his sister, shocking her, glaring at the group, then leaving with her.

The raventte girl sat on her bedroom floor, toolbox open next to her with new wheels for her skateboard, freshly opened. While screwing on the back wheels, a ding from her phone rung through her room.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(PSYCHO)
-5:37 PM-

Psycho
Waht tmie r u leeving
2 get that thing 4 ur dad?

You
Around 6
Why?
read
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Elaine stared down at her phone confused at the lack of response from the blond. Shrugging her shoulders, paying no mind, she stuffed her phone into her back pocket and left her room.

Walking down the stairs and turning the corner to the kitchen, she opened the refrigerator door and grabbed a water bottle from the bottom drawer. When the girl turned to leave the kitchen, she saw the blond haired boy peeking into the front door window with his cousin behind him.

"What the hell?" Elaine said to herself as Aiden waved rapidly, still looking through the glass. She sighed and walked to the door after placing the bottle on the kitchen island.

She unlocked the deadbolt and pulled the door open, showing a smiling Aiden and neutral faced Ben.