seven

Alana

I thought that the moment I got off the boat my mind would rest. But it didn't. I felt myself trying to argue with Trevor. I tried to argue about anything and everything the second we were alone. But it wasn't for real reasons. I didn't want to fight with him but my brain was forcing me to. 

"Lana, I am so done with you getting mad at me over nothing. You agreed to this on your own will. Sure I pushed it a little but still, you seemed to be enjoying yourself an hour ago so what the fuck is going on!" 

Trevor was getting mad. But not in the way we used to make each other mad. I take a deep sigh before responding to his frustration. 

"I'm sorry," 

"You're sorry?" He stops and I see a smile form on his lips. "That's the first time you've ever said anything along the lines of that to me," 

"Yeah well, I'm sorry Trevor. I agreed to this and I didn't hate hanging out earlier, which pisses me off," I reply.

It stays silent in the room for a moment. I catch his eye and a heavy eye contact remains. It started off innocent but quickly got awkward. I couldn't look away and it didn't seem like he was going to look away anytime soon. 

Trevor takes two steps forwards. Towards me. He was less than a foot in front of me and slowly put his arms around my lower back. My heart starts racing. Why is my heart racing? I wish I knew. The eye contact still hasn't broken once. 

Trevor steps a few inches closer to the point where we are basically touching. His grip gets a little stronger and I could feel his confidence setting in. Or maybe it's his ego. 

"Guys can you stop argue-" I hear someone talking from outside my bedroom door and the second the door opens, the voice stops. "Arguing," Julianna whispers the end of her sentence and I practically run across the room from Trevor. "I can come back," 

"No! No, no need, we were just about to come downstairs," I say in a panic. Jules laughs and walks out of the room making sure to shut the door behind her. 

I am yet again alone in my room with Trevor. 

"I uh-" He starts talking and I glare at him. 

"Save it," 

I walk out of the room and head downstairs. The last thing I wanted to do was be near Emma but  it is a constant battle of who the lesser evil is at the moment. Emma or Trevor. I'm really shocked he doesn't like her. They would be such a perfect couple. Although they would only have each other. 

Everyone down stairs was sitting around the TV with a hockey game on. It was an old Michigan vs Boston scrimmage the boys set up since they didn't play each other during the regular season. It was always so cute to me how they set things like that up even though all the guys played together except Trevor. 

My brother played for Boston too but before him and Luke graduated high school they already set it up. It's adorable how much they love each other. but it does make me feel like I am missing something about him. Why everyone loves him so much. 

"Oh! Guys wait watch my next shot!" Jack starts screaming at the game. "What a beauty! Right back Z into the empty net!" 

I laugh at his excitement. The game was from our freshman year four years ago. I take a seat next to Will and get into the game with everyone else. The blonde girl across the room comes over to me. 

"Lana, can we talk?" 

I try to hide my annoyance and follow her into the other room. 

"What do you want Emma?" 

"I just wanted to apologize for being such a bitch right away. Look, I'm obviously envious of you because you are with Trevor. And instead of dealing with my own grief of what me and him had, I followed my delusions," I cut her off. 

"You don't need to-" 

"I do. I invited myself on your vacation to steal your boyfriend. It just hurt a lot you know. He told me he just wasn't the boyfriend kinda guy, so it hurt to see him be such a good boyfriend to someone else. I told Jamie we should probably just go tomorrow," 

I felt bad for her. Trevor is such an asshole. Was and clearly still is. He shouldn't have lied to her, she isn't crazy. She is just a very extremely heartbroken and slightly annoying girl. 

"Trevor is a dick," I reply. "Trust me he isn't worth crying over or being sad or insecure or whatever it is over him," 

"But he's your boyfriend?"

"Right, well, yeah," I stop myself before thinking about how to fix what I just said. "I've known him forever. I've seen how he treated girls, I was very hesitant at first trust me on that. He has his moments," I laugh. 

"Thank you Lana," Emma pulls me into a hug. This was the weirdest conversation and interaction I have ever been apart of. She pulls away and wipes a couple tears that started falling from her eyes. 

Before either of us can say anything else, Trevor walks into the room. Speak of the fucking devil and he will appear. Without fail. He looked at me scared and then looked at Emma. 

"W-what are you two talking about?" He asks stuttering a little. 

"Girl talk," Emma smiles and walk out of the room. 

"Girl talk eh?" 

"You are a jerk Trevor Zegras. Oh, and Emma and Jamie are going home tomorrow morning, So this whole thing is off," 

He looked at me a little confused but a little upset as well. I wanted to walk away but something actually made me stay put in the kitchen. 

"So that's it? They leave we go back to hating each other?" 

"Well yeah, I mean that was the whole thing anyways. Plus it's been like two days I think we'll manage this big change," I reply dryly. 

"Sorry, I just-" Trevor stops himself for a minute. "I was joking," 

"And I was just about to finish watching the game," I smile at him and walk back into the living room with everyone. 

I take a seat next to Emma which caused a lot of looks around the room and I roll my eyes at a few of the guys. Jules this whole time has been practically eye fucking Quinn or off doing stuff with him. Maybe I will convince Emma to stay. So I have one girl on my side. 

Sure I would have to keep up the gig of being Trevor's girlfriend, but Emma might be fun. Plus she's been through enough, the least I could do is give her a few days of fun.