𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 05
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

"HAVE YOU HEARD..." Sam began lowly, his head bent and his eyes appearing darker than normal as he peered up at Jasper who sat across from him and Colby in the lobby of Yorktown Hospital, "of the ESTES method?"

Jasper sat criss-crossed on the floor of the lobby, the room they'd deemed safe in the hospital as the only spirits they'd encountered here had been kind. Noah and Beau had to leave as it got later and later, leaving Jasper alone with the paranormal duo as they started the next part of their investigation. Slowly, he shook his head, his expression a strange mix of curiosity and uncertainty.

After explaining the method, they had another question for him, "Do you want to try it today?" Colby asked with a grin.

Jasper almost said no. But something tugged at him, and he was nodding before he could stop himself. "Why not?" He spoke.

It took ten minutes to set everything up, Jasper had a sleek red blindfold wrapped around his eyes, large noise-canceling headphones over his ears, a radio in his hand, and loud static booming in his ears.

"Are there any spirits in the room with us?" Sam asked carefully.

"Five." Jasper responded faster than any responses they'd had in the past.

"Are any of the nuns here?" Colby asked next.

"Pray." He spoke and then a moment later, "Sins."

"Do the nuns not like us being here?" Sam asked cautiously, having heard stories of the nuns being malicious towards those who took pictures or videos in their hospital.

"Do you want to play a game?" Jasper asked and then exclaimed, "Woah that was really loud."

"Is this Annie?" Sam asked. Annie was a child spirit said to roam the halls, specifically playing games in the lobby with the guests.

Jasper frowned in confusion, "There's just laughter... like a kid laughing."

"What game do you want to play?" Colby asked.

"Hide."

"Hide and seek?" Sam assumed.

"Run." He said and then another moment later, "They're coming."

Sam and Colby shared an uneasy look. This was more activity than they were used to getting so fast with the ESTES method. "Who's coming?"

"New people." He stated bravely, then, "They don't belong here."

"Did they follow us here?"

Jasper nodded absentmindedly, "Him."

"Who?" Colby questioned, "Who are they following?" He hoped none of them had an attachment again. That had not been fun in the past.