𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 24
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

        — THE LAST THING JASPER SAW was the clock on the bedside table flashing 8:00 AM before he realized the hands crawling up his body had nails too long to be Colby's, his gaze hesitantly lowered and found a rotting hand crawling up his chest ...

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

        — THE LAST THING JASPER SAW was the clock on the bedside table flashing 8:00 AM before he realized the hands crawling up his body had nails too long to be Colby's, his gaze hesitantly lowered and found a rotting hand crawling up his chest towards his neck, before he woke and met the clock's gaze with wide eyes, relieved to find it was only a dream until he recognized the clock reading 7:59 AM, the spot next to him in bed where Colby had been was cold and empty.

He shot out of the bed, legs tangled in the sheets but not for long as he threw them off and rushed out of his bedroom, he heard footsteps down the hallway, by Colby's room. He barely had the chance to let out a relieved breath before he was off, desperate to find Colby and escape into the warmth of his embrace but when he reached Colby's bedroom door, he realized the footsteps had continued towards the window at the end of the hall, however the figure was not Colby, but an older woman with a long flowing dress, dark hair, her skin was almost opaque from her legs up, however the further up the more visible her skin became, and his gaze reached her rotting arms before she turned and met his gaze with her cold, dead eyes, staring into his soul.

"Fuck that," Jasper managed to get out before he turned and ran the opposite direction, towards the stairs.

He nearly tripped on the rug by the top of the stairs, but managed to steady himself as the sound of chatter below reached his ears, he recognized the voices as Colby and Sam, and the realization brought new motivation as he moved quickly down the stairs.

By the time he got to the kitchen, the duo must have heard his commotion because they had gone silent and were staring at him before he even reached the doorway causing him to freeze in the space between the living room and kitchen, staring back at them almost breathless.

After a moment, Colby moved forward and placed his hands on Jasper's shoulders to steady the blonde, "Jay, are you okay?"

Jasper went to shake his head, to tell Colby "No, I'm not fucking fine, theres a rotting spirit in the hallway" but something stopped him, the words on the tip of his tongue but a hand was already crawling, grasping at his throat.

He nodded, "I'm fine, just..." he trailed off uncertainly, shaking his head in a sheepish manner after a moment, "tripped on the rug a bit at the top of the stairs. Almost rolled down em like a bowling ball." He joked humorously, hoping they wouldn't see through it as he swallowed thickly under Colby's studious gaze.

After a moment, the man stepped back, "As long as you're okay." Colby responded seriously.

"Sounds like you need coffee." Sam joked lightly, offering a Starbucks cup and straw.

𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐔𝐌 ✰ 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें