𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐬

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 14
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

       — "SEE YOU LATER." Colby added, ignoring the way his voice cracked, his display of indifference as fragile as his heart.

He tore his eyes away and stepped past Jasper's boyfriend. Ex-boyfriend, he reminded himself but it didn't help matters. Not right now. "No, Colby, wait-" Jasper called out, reaching for him but he was already out the door and...

gone.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**

WALKING AWAY, Colby sniffed as he wiped away a single tear, turning around the corner, he paused. He didn't want to leave but what could he do when Jasper's ex showed up after their kiss? It may have been a rash decision, leaving. An even worse one trying to act indifferent to Ethan's arrival. Without knowing the truth behind the breakup, he'd made a story in his mind and decided on it because how could anyone ever hurt Jasper? So when Ethan showed up, he felt the overwhelming need to stay by his side but felt he had to leave and give them space. Maybe, they would make up, get back together and Colby would be forgotten. (Again) or maybe, they wouldn't and Jasper would call him later. Maybe, Jasper would chase him down now and ask him to stay.

Maybe...

He looked back around the corner just in time to see Ethan close the door behind him and Jasper.

Or maybe not. He sighed, shaking his head. He walked away.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**

        "WHO was that?" Ethan asked after Jasper pulled him inside.

"Nobody." Jasper brushed it off. It hurt to call Colby nobody, but he reminded himself he did not want to get into it with Ethan, who had a streak of jealousy that grew like wildfire. Quick and dangerous when you least expect it.

A dark light flickered in Ethan's eyes, he chuckled, his hands slipping into his pockets, "Oh I get it. He's your new boyfriend, isn't he?" He whistled, "You move on quick. Or were you with him before we even broke up?"

"You broke up with me." Jasper snapped.

"So he is." Ethan replied, his eyes narrowed, "Your boyfriend." He clarified.