𝐭𝐞𝐧 - 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

THE NEXT DAY, it's time for the trio to leave Texas and fly home to Los Angeles. Surprisingly, most of the party is not excited about this. Although they will certainly be relieved to be in their own home, this also means saying goodbye. Goodbye to each other, goodbye to spending every day together. Goodbye.

And perhaps the two were being a bit dramatic about the ordeal as they sat in the back of the car, however after so long apart, after finally being reunited only to say goodbye again... Well, it felt big to them, even if it was only goodbye for now because they didn't know when the next time they would see each other would be. The last time... well, the last time Jasper didn't even get to say goodbye, and then they didn't see each other for several years. So saying goodbye now felt all too big and bitter, the very idea of it hung them, an overbearing shadow clouding their minds as they rode to the airport.

"What gate are you at, Jasper?" Sam asked casually from the front seat, usually, Colby sat in the passenger seat beside him but today he couldn't manage to tear himself away from Jasper, craving his touch, his very presence.

Jasper listed off his gate with absentminded ease, "We're at the same gate." Colby noted, glancing at him, "You live in LA?"

He nodded in return, snapping himself out of his thoughts to give Colby his full attention, "Have for a few years now. I went to college there. Sophomore year, and never left after that." He explained. Colby tried not to think of the implications of that, still he thought of it. He could see him every day still, call him up just to say hi, and go over to see him whenever he felt like it. It could be nice — good. But, he couldn't force it, and he couldn't get his hopes up either. Jasper could forget about him the second they land in Los Angeles, if not sooner, and he couldn't do anything about it.

He was brought out of his thoughts by a touch on his hand, he glanced at Jasper but the man was already looking back at him, his hand on his. He had a smile on but his eyes were clouded with worry.

Colby looked down at their hands and carefully intertwined them, right out of Sam's field of vision. It'll be okay, his eyes seemed to whisper to Colby, he nodded, attempting to seem confident however he was anything but confident, filled with worry and dread.

He wasn't worried about the flight itself, he was worried about what came after.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**

IT took the group until they were boarding the plane to realize they had somehow gotten seats together without realizing. Sam and Colby had of course picked their seats together, but hadn't thought their guest and newfound friend (and old-time lover) would be beside them by chance.