𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 - 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 21
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

        — THE SILENCE OF THE HOUSE WAS STARTLING when Sam woke

        — THE SILENCE OF THE HOUSE WAS STARTLING when Sam woke. He wasn't used to waking in a house without life, and yet here he was, alone in a creepy kitchen waiting for Colby or Jasper to wake so they could get breakfast. He gripped his phone and shuffled as he felt eyes on him, he looked up, his eyes scanning the room but nothing was there.

A figment of his imagination or something more, he wondered as he slipped his phone into his pocket. Tired of sitting still like prey for the paranormal, he decided to explore the house that had him and the others so on edge.

He'd explored many haunted and abandoned places and yet somehow this house stood out, its history had many holes in it — mysteries. Maybe that's what made this place so interesting.

His fingers ran across the bookshelf, it was cluttered with various knickknacks that didn't seem very scary. Some paranormal places, the owners would go about making the entire place an attraction with scary things all around to enhance the paranormal experience. This place was not like that, it was, for all appearances, a regular house but had shadows and secrets well beyond the normal home.

He picked up a picture frame from the bookshelf curiously, the owner had left several old pictures of the house for them and other visitors to see however this one stood out for some reason, and it only took him a second to realize why.

Despite the old-timey appearances of the picture, he knew the person stood on the porch of the house. He flipped the picture frame, and quickly went about getting the photo itself out to examine it closer.

On the back, a neat scrawl wrote "BRIAR HOUSE" with the supposed year of the photo, below that was the names he presumed were of the two people in the photo, JULIAN AND LEORA JETT.

Jett. The last name repeated in his head, over and over as he tried to place where he knew it.

Jasper Jett.

✧˖*°࿐

         COLBY did not wake peacefully. He woke to the sound of his best friend calling his name with panic in his voice as he pounded at his bedroom door.

He groaned and pulled himself out of the bed, dragging his feet over to the door, he swung it open with a frown, "What's going on?" He asked confused and tired but concerned.

Had he seen something? Heard something? Had something happened while he slept peacefully in bed? He shook his head at the thought, Sam was here and okay and Jasper... well...