𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 16
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

         — SURROUNDED BY DARKNESS and thousands of twinkling stars, a young man named Julian Jett stood outside a foreboding house alone with a heavy weight on his shoulders.

His eyes narrowed as he took in the house before him. He'd heard stories all his life about it, and as he grew older, he became drawn to it in a very strange way.

There was something at the core of his soul pulling him to this house. His eyes always flickered to it, looking for something unseen, his feet moved him closer whenever he walked past, and his mind always seemed drawn to it. The houses frame was often a focal point of his sketches without even a thought. But never had he dared come here alone. He always came with his sister, or a friend. He didn't know why he was here this night. It was late and as he had sat at home, he couldn't stay still and when his mind wandered before finally he gave in and went to get fresh air, his feet had found him outside of this house.

A shadow flickered behind him from the woods, drawing closer as he took in a deep breath. It was time, a voice whispered in the back of his mind. He took a step forward, and then another until he was up the creaking stairs and onto the worn porch.

He blinked and found his hand grasping the doorknob, he flinched as a strange flash of something came across his mind. Much like a memory but not belonging to him. A jolt of fear went through him, he wasn't sure why. There was nothing to be scared of. The house drew him in, calling him — he was merely answering the call. He brushed it off and pulled open the door.

—'˖

         "HURRY up!" A voice called out to Jasper, he grinned as he moved forward, jogging slightly to catch up.

"Miss me that much, Brock?" He called, coming to a stand beside Colby who grinned back at him.

"You wish, Jett." He teased, "Get in the car before Sam has an aneurysm." Jasper looked toward the car where Sam sat in the drivers seat, waiting for them to get in the car. He didn't seem particularly annoyed by the wait but as Jasper climbed into the back seat, Colby climbing into the passenger seat, he began to mutter about third wheeling.

"So where are we headed?" Jasper asked curiously. He'd been invited to another video Sam and Colby were doing (though admittedly he hadn't expected it to come so soon) but in true Sam and Colby fashion, they liked to build suspense with not only viewers but their guests too, so they had told him very little about the location — only that it was in or near Los Angeles, where they all lived, and had a deep paranormal history.